Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (55)
    I too have removed the files that I had uploaded after finding out that a few of my templates where on this disc I know my templates are no where near the standard of Erika's or the many other talented designers on this site but each of them are hand drawn and coloured in psp and take many hours of my time . I am gutted that someone could stoop as low as this and also for the honest members who are going to lose out on new templates being uploaded.
    I am also pleased that not only has the member been banned but thanks to Maryanne she knows exactly why she has been banned.
    love n stuff
    Frances
    xxx

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Don't think I can add anything that hasn't already been said, but just wanted to say how sorry I am for those that are involved to have your hard work ripped off like this. I very rarely download the templates from here (cos I do sell my cards) but I have used some templates for friends/family cards occasionally and I really appreciate the work that the designers have done in making the templates and it is such a shame that you have had to remove them from the site, but I fully understand why you have all done so, and given what has happened I would have done the same. I hope you all manage to get it sorted out and the scumbags pay for what they have done.

Kathie

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (19)
    Could we not start some sort of a fund to help with the legal action against these people. Im sure people would donate.We have all downloaded some lovely FREE templates and it would be nice to give something back as a thank you to all you ladies that have worked so hard to give them to us. Maybe the money could go into a fighting fund to stop this abuse.

Is it possible that when you download a template a box pops up saying
    " THIS TEMPLATE IS FOR PERSONEL USE ONLY AND LEGAL ACTION WILL RESULT IF ANYONE ONE SELLS THE TEMPLATE ". or something similar. also a note saying that culprits will be named and shamed .

Just a thought.
    Georgie

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Thanks for that NikiB, have bookmarked your site.

Sue

Norfolk - just at the end of the yellow brick road
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by cherrybabs2005 View Post
    Oh No....
    I hope whoever is selling these cd's are flippin ashamed of themselves and spoiling what was a good for sharing forum....
    Sadly, these people have no shame, babs, and would find all the comments on here amusing. I commented on one of Erika's threads that this was happening all the time on digi scrapbook sites that I used to visit... designers would make and give freely whole kits, sometimes huge files, and so, so beautiful, only to find that someone would either hotlink to their files or distribute them in groups (yahoo was a favourite place to do this), but worst of all sometimes the copyright info would be removed and the individual pass the work off as their own, completely flouting the TOU. So many designers stopped giving, and began charging.... Perhaps this would get round the problem - upload a pic, if anyone wants it they can pm for a price and decide if they want to buy.

Andi

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

CDs

This is so sad. I must admit I download Robo templates but use them for my own use and would never dream of passing them off as my own work let alone creating a CD to sell.

People on this site are so talented and helpful. I will really miss seeing your beautiful work and hope that somehow and someway this low-life can be stamped out.

Name and Shame - at least that way people can recognise who they are.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by sueuk52 View Post
    Thanks for that NikiB, have bookmarked your site.

Sue

no problem, we all need to stick together on this and support one another as much as we can.

I'll be adding some more names to the list this evening, so be sure to check back

Live each day as your last and remember to smile MrsRudy's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    Absolutely gutted for all of you who have had templates stolen - I have downloaded only a few of mine and don't know if they are included. What a shame that these people have been hurt but single individuals greed - I don't blame you for removing your templates - and as I said in the last thread maybe we could find a way if you download the picture of a template, if someone would like it then they could contact you directly to purchase if necessary. Without all of the help from you wonderful people on UKS I wouldn't have been able to do a hundredth of what I can do on my CR. It is such a shame that people who used this site to guage whether they should purchase the machine and saw the templates won't now buy it as they may feel it is too difficult without the back up of the templates section. I am so annoyed that one or two people have ruined this for so many.
    Susy

PROUD TO BE A ROBO REBEL
    View Gallery

I have just had a thought and not a very nice one i am afraid, the demand for these cd's must be high to make it worth the scumbags taking the risk.
    What we need to do is to put people off buying them,if any one off UKS has bought since the last episode then in my eyes they are as bad as the sellers, while the demand is there these people will keep selling one way or another and by taking free templates off are we not pushing more people into buying them from illegal sellers.
    I know not everyone are members of UKS but perhaps the trusted sellers could make the situation clear on their site. What we need to do is try to stop people buying from these thiefs in the first place

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    yes i think so jo

we should all revise our auctions stating this

i will do mine later on my way to london now

tina xx

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)

I have not been on here much lately, I kind of lost my way after failing miserably with the new design master software...I missed most of the discussion after the "first episode" and am utterly discusted to read that it has all kicked off again. I would like to say that I understand why everyone feels the need to remove their templates, and I would like to thank the people who have given their time and effort freely in the past to help "design challenged" members like me. I cannot believe that someone has taken advantage of you all like this, again. I have found this forum a fantastic help and source of inspiration over the past months and I sincerley hope that this will not spell the end of the comradery here. Best wishes to everyone.

Diane

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by witchy1066 View Post
    I have just had a thought and not a very nice one i am afraid, the demand for these cd's must be high to make it worth the scumbags taking the risk.
    What we need to do is to put people off buying them,if any one off UKS has bought since the last episode then in my eyes they are as bad as the sellers, while the demand is there these people will keep selling one way or another and by taking free templates off are we not pushing more people into buying them from illegal sellers.
    I know not everyone are members of UKS but perhaps the trusted sellers could make the situation clear on their site. What we need to do is try to stop people buying from these thiefs in the first place

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    I have never personally bought any files for my robo, but I am very sure that there will be many people who have bought the files in good faith.

That is one of the dangers of this situation; not only do we all lose out by the understandable withdrawl of the free templates from this site, but people who have bought them in good faith are in danger of being tarred with the same brush.

I can't believe how upset I am by this situation. I actually found myself sitting reading all these posts with tears in my eyes. Though I don't post very often, I read many of the posts and have come to regard this group as a haven of friendship and support. I feel really bertayed by these unscrupulous, heartless people. They will have no luck for it, as some have already said, what goes around comes around.

Carol

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    So what seller(s) should I be avoiding on ebay then? as I certainly don't want to unwittingly, give my hard earned cash to someone who is sly, greedy, dishonest and downright disrespectful of the fanatastic work many of you have done in designing files.

View Gallery

Tanya - have a look in my profile for details of my website. It doesn't have a list of sellers you should be avoiding but of those that you can trust

PROUD TO BE A ROBO REBEL
    View Gallery

Tanya
    Niki is compiling a list of trusted sellers on her website if you go to her profile a link to the site is there.

after all this upset no one should have the excuse that they didnt know who was genuine or not

I am not trying to upset anyone only looking at the situation from another angle, by making people aware that by buying these cds they are helping theifs make money off other peoples hard work, and like someone said earlier if we all stick together and support our talented designers we can make life harder for these scumbags.

Sorry if i offended anyone.
    xxxxxxxxxxxx