Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I would certainly pay for templates

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

oh dear - seems I missed all the fun over the weekend

Does make sense that the template forum is only available to active members, but having to give your name and address may not stop people if it's just required for access as you have no way of being able to prove that the information they are supplying is correct.

Don't think it would work on a site like this if it was used to sell templates, I think that should be kept purely seperate as it is currently by the members who have their own websites or sell on ebay (mixing business with pleasure can get a bit messy at times). There are obviously also the running and administration costs to think about, and I think this site is big enough as it is just as a forum.

Would happily support those members who are putting together the CD - lets beat these scum bags at their own game I say.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

i have no trouble giving all my details or paying for templates xx

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (106)
    I'm horrified to hear about this!!!

I got my CR last December, but have still to get to grips with it! I actually managed a few titles last month which was a major accomplishment for me, but still have no idea where to start with all the wonderful designs that were available on here

I made last years Christmas cards for my immediate family and a few neighbours using some of the stunning templates, and they thought they were amazing -- so much so that my Mum has been thinking about investing in a CR type machine since then!!

I understand why they've been pulled, but am really sad that one of two people have managed to spoil the fun for everyone on UKS!!

((hugs)) to all those who've had their hard work stolen, with grateful thanks they were ever there to show us what is possible with the machine

And another voice here piping up that the people who've "done the dirty" should be made to pay the price!!

Smile and the world smiles with you, cry and you cry alone. lruk's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    I too am appalled by the behaviour of these people. I have downloaded and used some of the fab templates on here but would never use them without giving credit.

I am glad that MA is working on finding ways round the problem, as far as is possible.

I am happy to provide details etc in future for downloads or possibly buy cd's of designs from members.
    Linda

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    The people who I feel sorry for are the newbies who are getting their Robo's for Christmas and are going to need a lot of support. That's not to say that I'm not sorry for those who have had their work stolen. But what is the right solution to this? I really can't see one.

I can see however that UKS are going to suffer considerable loss of talent and new ideas and that is a crying shame.

This happened to a PSP group that I belonged to a couple of years ago and the way they tried to solve it was to send a new password out every week to members that had contributed and chatted in the Chat section, similar to what we do now. I do not mean just contributing a thank you in the templates section, they had to be active members within the group. I am sure that that can be made a temporary action until a more suitable solution can be found, like digital signing or watermarking or even a subscription, but of course all these can be found a way round if you know what you are doing.

It's unfortunate that this is the 2nd time that it has happened here but it's been done elsewhere as well so what are we do do? Without the template section newbies don't know what to look for, and those of us who aren't newbies any more but who still struggle are not shown what to do. All that is left is the Chat section, so do we rename that to a Support section only?

I don't like saying this but UKS Craft Robo may well go down the pan unless a really good solution can be found, I really do hope so anyway. This forum has become part of my life and my addiction and I do not want to lose it.

View Gallery

I really can't believe this has happened again and am speechless at the actions of these people!! I'm sorry that the very generous talented people who have shared their designs here have had them stolen yet again!!

It's very sad but I fully undestand and appreciate why the templates are being removed and I hope a satisfactory solution can be found soon.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (26)
    I agree with everything that has been said on here, I am not someone who can design templates and I have been extremely grateful to the ladies and gentlemen who do..I hope those responsible are ashamed of their behaviour..we will miss your wonderful work
    Anne C
    My Blog
    Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let the light in
    3/52

Craft Robo Addict
    View Gallery

So sorrry

I am so very sad, shocked and sorry to hear what has happened. I have just got back to Spain from a week in the UK and was amazed to read what has been happening.
    I am not one of the clever people who design the fantastic templates that we have all enjoyed having access to, and I can't begin to imagine what sort of person could do this, words fail me completely.
    I do hope that eventually there can be some solution to this and that there can be a way to stop this from ever happening again.

It is such a sad state of affairs, and so difficult to comprehend that the person responsible doesn't realise that we will all know where the designs on the cds come from. Surely they don't think we will buy them do they?

Dedicated Scrapper lynnsmadhouse's Avatar
    View Gallery

I too am sorry that people have had to find it necessary to remove their templates. I have never really got to grips with designing templates, but like most people have downloaded some templates for personal use (usually when I am about to miss someones birthday !!). however my 14 year old daughter was using some of the designs to work out how to make her own creations, so will be very upset when most of the templates have dissappeared.
    Until she has mastered the robo I would also be prepared to pay a nominal fee for downloads, if someone can work out a way to keep thieves out of the system.
    P.S. Don't you dread it being someone you know !! - although I only have one friend with a robo and don't even know if she is a member, it makes you think.