Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Foam sheets thinner than 2mm

Hi, does anyone know of a brand of foam sheets that are thinner than 2mm? My punches can't handle either Funky Foam or Fun Foam. Is there anything on the market thinner than these? Any ideas would be appreciated, thank you. Zsuzsa

View Gallery

do you have an embossing heat gun or similar (a hair dryer may work)
    If you gently heat the foam you can stretch it to make it thinner - I have done this to cut shapes out using my quickutz.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks for the tip. I've tried this technique with a heat gun with more or less success. When the foam started to curl I used a rolling pin to make it smooth again. Not ideal, as the foam distorts a bit, but if there's nothing else, it can be an option.

Funny thing is, the Woodware punches could easily handle cutting through the foam, if the slot where you slide in the sheet was a bit deeper. I guess, the manufacturers just didn't think of it.

I did find a "defective" sheet in a pack of Funky Foam, which was about half the thickness of the others, and it punched beautifully, so I know it would work if only I could find thinner foam. So far, I have been unsuccessful