Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper lynnsmadhouse's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I do hope this is not going to put people off posting templates, I am also a novice when it comes to designing projects but looking at what can be done gives me hope for the future. I hope this person gets what they deserve although they will probably claim ignorance !!!!!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    I don't know about leave the forum I think they should be banned if there's enough information to identify them.

Linda I think you should also pm MaryAnne about this.

Rosemary

View Gallery

Rosemary, DH sent pm to MaryAnne last night.

Ah well ... off to work shortly so I had better go and shower.

Oh and good news! ... person has removed cds from ebay. DH had been communicating and got the following response:

Dear griffithslg,

Hi, i am sorry if any of your designs were sold on my cd i only started crafting because my son was killed and i was told to do something to keep me occupied i chose crafting which i enjoy most of the designs i have done myself or are free i have taken all my cds off ebay untill i have sorted them out Thanks a lot.
    Linda
    A member of Just Cutters - Against Copyright Infringement
    New to UKS? Need Help? Go Here

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Good luck on bring the idiot to justice. What happened earlier this year with my designs, certainly made me think twice about what I posted. Fortunately for me the poor love was only making for friends and family. And it was just the poorly choosen title of her PB site that raised the issue. I posted a public apology on here and another forum. But, like you Linda I also have the cover of an insurance policy to do the same if needed. And yes I would do the same as you are doing now.

Lynn

View Gallery

Lynn, I will still post in here ... but if they are 'specials' and take absolutely ages to create ... then those I'll sell those on ebay.

Linda

Living in the fantasy world of Edward and Bella leeann21's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (58)
    I dont see how bringing the death of a child into it is going to justify breaching copyright? would the authorities take that excuse if it was dvd's etc? i dont flaming thing so
    My Blog Updated 13/09/11

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by leeann21 View Post
    I dont see how bringing the death of a child into it is going to justify breaching copyright? would the authorities take that excuse if it was dvd's etc? i dont flaming thing so
    This is Linda`s DH I hope no one minds me posting here. I replied with something simular. I dont think it is a member its probably a guest, its a shame they cant make the site members only or perhaps create a members only sanctum so this could be sorted out of sight, so those who have bought the cd`s to post the templates so everyone couild see if theirs were copied from here.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

HI Lindas DH, You have to be a member to download files from the forum or to look at pictures in gallery so they had to have been a member

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by joggy148 View Post
    HI Lindas DH, You have to be a member to download files from the forum or to look at pictures in gallery so they had to have been a member
    Hi joggy, well as this is my first time here I stand corrected what a shame they didnt know about copyright perhaps they will be an ex member who knows
    Alan

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

your forgiven lol would have put some smilies in myself but for some reason my icons have stopped working. I really hope that this was a honest misunderstanding and mistake!!!

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by joggy148 View Post
    your forgiven lol would have put some smilies in myself but for some reason my icons have stopped working. I really hope that this was a honest misunderstanding and mistake!!!
    Your forgiven ....I think

Craft robo user
    View Gallery

I don't think this is uncommon.

I bought a cd with decoupage on it, got it on
    Saturday. I found that most of the sheets I had downloaded off the internet for free. They had also removed all the credit of who created it and the sign for personal use only.

I had my suspicions but didn't recognize the sample decoupage....LOL I havn't seen it on the CD yet, I must look for it LOL.

I feel for all the people who put in the hard work and then someone else steals it for financial gain.

I had seen that auctions listing and wondered if it was all her own designs... I am not surprised.

This kind of thing does make people think a number of times before sharing their designs however simple they might be.

Jeanette

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

that is awful for someone to do that
    I havent been using this site for long and love the templates on here and would like to say a big thank you to all of you for sharing them

Doris
    View Gallery

I have only just seen your post Linda and to say the least I am shocked and disgusted at how low some people will stoop.
    It is very kind of the people who share their templates on here and without this help I would never have got going with my robo.
    I have had lots of help from Shirley Anne showing me how to use illustrator so that I can make my own designs, so I know how much work goes into them.
    Hope you get a good result from your solicitor.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I don't see how it can be a mistake. Linda said that they left her copyright details intact.