Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Thread: Help!!!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

sad Help!!!

Hi I am a new user of the Robo and I have spent the last 2 weeks since I got it reading all your information and learning, but, I still have a big problem. When I load my carrier sheet into my robo I can not seem to get it to recognise the registration marks I have tried everything and am now close to throwing my robo through the window (only the cost of replacing the window has stopped me) Please can one of you more experienced people help me before I tear my hair out.
    Thanks Eileen:

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

It only needs to read the registration marks when print and cutting, is that what you are trying to achieve?

Lynn

PROUD TO BE A ROBO REBEL
    View Gallery

Hi Eileen
    As you want it to read the reg marks i presume you are doing a print and cut
    and the marks are on your card and the box is ticked to read reg marks.

have you tried moving the carrier sheet slightly to the left or the right very slightly?
    Have you gone over the marks with a felt pen?

If not try and see how it goes

HTH
    xxxxx
    witchy

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)
    Witchy

I have been having trouble with my registration marks recognition and your suggestion to move the carrier sheet over to the right very slightly has done the trick, I just had to let you know how grateful I am, this has been causing me trouble for weeks now. Thanks..... Jackie

Owner of Janome MC9900 & Brother ScanNCut
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    print and cuts is the one thing i think that consistantly drops up on here as a problem.

you do have to follow a few simple steps but once you get the hang of it its easy.

ive posted loads of help threads on hear you could do an advanced search and type in print and cuts to see some of the info it should come up.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I thought I had it!

Well I feel your agony....I have been working with mine off and on for sometime now and finally TODAY I got it to cut and print twice..I took notes and a photo to make sure I could get it just right again...well not so lucky. I have been attempting it for another hour now and it won't read the registration marks once again....UGH this machine is a moody as a women LOL
    Beckey

Dedicated Scrapper download queen's Avatar
    View Gallery

I had a problem a while back for print and cut and somebody on this forum said change the out put settings of your printer to rotate 180 degrees. This worked for me
    hope it helps
    Lynne

View Gallery

I've only had my machine a couple of months and what I found works 'generally' for me is to place the carrier sheet an iota of a little amount just inside the first white wheel so that there is about a quarter of an inch going over the right handed white wheel on the other side.

Registration marks are one of those things that drive people mad - when I started sometimes it would work and other times it wouldn't, so I spent ages putting the carrier through to see what was working and what wasn't. Also, make sure that your card is absolutely square to the carrier sheet as robo obviously is going up looking in a straight line and if it is 'off' by even a little amount this will probably make a difference in what it can detect.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks folks,some of your suggestions I have tried some I havent. So I will try all and hope it works. I love the fact that I can print and cut my own decoupage and when it works it works brilliantly so here goes.
    Thanks again I will keep you posted