Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I won't mention it again. I was only motivated to post because YOU were referring people to buy KNK Studio and I wanted them to know that (a) the price you quoted was incorrect and (b) there would be a second option available soon.

I assume it's okay with you if I continue to help people here with their DM questions and problems?

Sandy... with a "y"

The only thing in life to succeed is a budgie with no teeth!! Cockneyrebel's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Come on people Its new...give it a chance! I may not be technically minded but I sure intend to play.....! why are so many people getting 'bovvered'? chill!
    Kimmie x
    "Wherever I lay my 'cat' thats my home !"

kimmie.blogspot.com

Graphtec GB
    View Gallery

No problem with you posting at all Sandy, I just thought it was a bit cheeky to be pumping your wares on my site.

No offence, I just want to keep things fair

phil

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (85)
    Well I am waiting for my DM and more than happy for that. Thanks Phill and Graphtec for all you have done for us. My Robo is for me to play with, for my own use. I am not bothered about selling files and compatability with other systems, I just want to be able to get more use of my robo, quicker, so thanks again Phil

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

My sentiments exactly Josieanne.
    For the money it looks incredible. Well to me it does anyway.
    As you said, I just want to be able to put my robo to more use easily, instead of it taking all day to try and do something and in the end getting totally fed up and going off the idea. Which I am afraid happens a lot with me. Ha ha!!
    Just need some time to study the software, hopefully at the weekend, she says with fingers crossed.

Sue

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Just to add my bit, I'd like to say thank you to Phil and GraphTec. I don't really care what format Designmaster saves as. As long as I can import from a reasonable variety of sources I just want some software that will make it easier for me to design for and make better use of the Craft Robo for me. From my first play with it, it looks like Designmaster will fit the bill and more. It's an exciting new tool to use (sorry IT geek here, so yes, software is exciting!) and the price GraphTec is asking for it makes it even more attractive. (As someone currently saving up to upgrade from Photoshop 7 to CS3, believe me, this is cheap).

I for one am very much looking forward to seeing what people create using the software and hope that we'll have templates on the forum soon. Who knows, I might now even be able to create something myself that's good enough to post.

Susan.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by CraftyGlitter View Post
    Think their are a few IT geek's about. Who specifically are you referring to.
    emm......me actually!!

Susan

Becoming a UKScrapper
    View Gallery

wish ld known that before l purchased the dm software might have thought about it

View Gallery

Mine is working and at 3.30 am I have learned how to weld and mat and layer my words very very easily (literally just a few clicks of a mouse). A vast improvement on Inkscape - Phil I love it - and who cares what anyone else says !!!! I am off to bed to dream that I am a really creative person and can create anything I want!!!!
    Blog:-Minty Magic's Blog
    CJs: Digi CJ

Dedicated Scrapper YorkieMomFlUSA's Avatar
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by claire.viney View Post
    Mine is working and at 3.30 am I have learned how to weld and mat and layer my words very very easily (literally just a few clicks of a mouse). A vast improvement on Inkscape - Phil I love it - and who cares what anyone else says !!!! I am off to bed to dream that I am a really creative person and can create anything I want!!!!

Hi Minty..........sounds like you are having a high old time!!!! Good for you, glad you're having fun.

By the way, I just went to your "blog" and I saw some really neat cards that you designed...you need to post them here for us to see!!! Loved the ones and twos!

Pam

The only thing in life to succeed is a budgie with no teeth!! Cockneyrebel's Avatar
    View Gallery

Its My Robbie & I'll play if I want to!!! copied your tutorials although i had to go hunting for some of the tools.so far so good...just gotta learnhow to save and use in my 'Robbie!'
    Kimmie x
    "Wherever I lay my 'cat' thats my home !"

kimmie.blogspot.com

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by YorkieMomFlUSA View Post
    Hi Minty..........sounds like you are having a high old time!!!! Good for you, glad you're having fun.

By the way, I just went to your "blog" and I saw some really neat cards that you designed...you need to post them here for us to see!!! Loved the ones and twos!

Pam

Pam, i did design the number 2 cards and the top 1st card but the credit must given to ErikaP for the template for the 1st card for Benjamin. It has a lattice cut on it but you cannot see it very well in the photo. After having posted them on my blog, I then saw all the posts about giving credit where it is due - so I have felt a bit guilty so all my thanks to ErikaP and her clever templates
    Last edited by claire.viney; 25-10-2007 at 08:04 AM.
    Blog:-Minty Magic's Blog
    CJs: Digi CJ

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Quote Originally Posted by SusanF View Post
    It's an exciting new tool to use (sorry IT geek here, so yes, software is exciting!) ...
    Susan.
    I'm glad someone else feels that way too - I'd often rather have new software than clothes, shoes, bag, whatever... I've always thought I must be a bit kinky! And as for writing (even simple) software I still get a real kick out of seeing it run for the first time - a bit like seeing the miracle of a baby taking its first steps!

Rosemary

Craftrobo amateur
    View Gallery

just in case from my last post you all thought I was giving Graphtec a hard time, I wasn't I was just expressing an opinion, NO all software does not do everything, I just thought it should have had a dxf translator, for me personally it would have been perfect, because AUTOCAD HANDLES TEXT CRAP, and I use this every day, so to import text to AutoCad would be my ideal, it really does not provide an ability to get outline fonts like even robo does, but I suppose horses for courses etc.
    However in response to replacing Inkscape (for me anyway nodes in text are a PITA) I WILL buy DM at the show, as text is my only stumbling block, plus mats and welded words, I am sure all of you using Inkscape at some point must have experienced the the stuttering from text, so at least it will save me from deleting nodes and modifying which I find a nonsense (I appreciate Inkscape is free btw).

So Phil if you'll sell it to me I'll buy it anyway.

regards

Bill
    Last edited by bill.costello; 26-10-2007 at 08:00 AM.

Kirigami~Origami~Jenigami JennieBean's Avatar
    View Gallery

I welded my name and put two mats around it in seconds last night - was well chuffed, I have never done any of that before

Then I welded a whole bunch of stars together in seconds - wow !!!!

I havnt cut anything yet but the weekend cant come fast enough for me.

I just use my CR for personal use, and the new DM software is more than enough for me to cope with at present, anything else would be far too big a learning curve. Although I love the original RM software as well.

At this stage in my CR learning cycle, I dont care about export and imports, and copywrite and stuff, I just wanna play Although it will be sad if I cant download fab template that others have designed, but that may encourage me to learn more myself.

Thanks to everyone at Graphtec. My experience of you so far has been fantastic.

Jennie xox