While posts regarding shopping in the USA, customs issues, and the sharing of US sites is technically not allowed on UKS, as with other similar topics (QVC sales, USA kits, etc.) we think we have developed a way to include this information in a way that allows the discussion (within limits) but does not flaunt it in the face of the UKS retailers, without whom UKS would not exist.

So here are the guidelines for discussing USA shopping on UKS:

1. Location of threads - thinking on this, there is very little difference between USA shopping and something like QVC. Given that, Big Store Deals is a perfectly sensible place to locate USA shopping. Also like QVC, all USA shopping threads will be merged into ONE thread on the topic located in BSD.

2. What you can post - it is acceptable to post about a deal you found. It is NOT acceptable, even in BSD, to post a link. This also follows the rules already in place for QVC shopping and for the monthly kit info forum.

3. If you want more info, DO NOT post “”PM me” and do not post “I’ve PMed you” - that will only clutter up the thread with meaningless posts. If someone posts something you want info on PM them and await a reply.

In other general threads similar rules apply - post no links to USA shops or sites. If someone mentions a shop or site, PM them for more info, do not post "PM me" or I've PMed you" - those posts will be removed. The exception being the Florida Shopping thread. It is allowed to post the name of a Bricks and Mortar shop (not online sites) and we will be loking at the best way to organize this and where to house it.

Retailers, we have clearly outlined what is and is not allowed. PLEASE do not report posts in this section unless they break these rules. The overriding reasons for allowing this are the fundamental aim of UKS, which is to balance what is best for the members with what is best for the sponsor shops. While the solution may not be perfect for either side, we do think it walks the line as best it can.

And finally, we still encourage UKScrappers to use, whenever possible, UK sponsor shops. Those of us who were around back when nearly ALL stash came from the USA are not anxious to return to that. And as changes to customs rules and regulations occur, as International shipping charges increase, and the face of the global marketplace evolves, the best way to make sure there is stash available for you at a reasonable price and the after-service is covered by UK laws, is to support your UKS sponsors shops.