Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (35)
    Quote Originally Posted by stampingcaz View Post
    LOL Trudy

I have been working on Hostess packs on and off all day. Hostess letter and all sorts of other info gathered to print and give to hostess to hopefully help them in making a great party Cant say I am not keen .
    Don't those letters come with the paperwork from SU then?

I've got fairies at the bottom of the garden :) Linz's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    Joining in as this is also something I have been waiting to happen for 6 years now - contacted them back then to ask if I could be a demo and they said no UK.

I used to get my stamps via a US rep, but stopped a while ago as the shop took over my crafting days

Bit disappointed to see £ for $ but not particuarly surprised. Was also a bit disappointed at the time of the UK release, feel a lot of people won't have the money to spend that close to Christmas, but then I could (and often am) wrong

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by stampingcaz View Post
    Its nots SU fault that the pound is so strong against the weak dollar.
    Exactly why they should not be charging £ for $, they are making 100% profit before they do anything if they charge £ for $ (that's if they get much sold in the UK at this mark up.) Sorry but if it is going to be £ for $ then it really is a total rip off. If they can sell the stamps in the US for $X how can they sell the same stamp iin the UK for £X when the £ is so strong? I realise there is the shipping and VAT, customs, etc to be added on to the $ price, but that cannot justify a 100% mark up in the $ price.

I hope SU will be made aware of this thread.

Collector of : stamps, ribbons, flowers, jewels ect Oh and skint too! removed user's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dibby View Post
    Don't those letters come with the paperwork from SU then?
    Apparently there are loads of downloads ect on the demoside of the SU website but these are more personal fun ones with little challenges ect that the hostesses can do to better their party and incentives to do better too

If anyone wants any info email me and I can forward you some stuff I did yesterday.

Caz
    Last edited by stampingcaz; 08-10-2007 at 08:07 AM.

Collector of : stamps, ribbons, flowers, jewels ect Oh and skint too! removed user's Avatar
    View Gallery

I had my first party!! LOL shows you how much I have been thinking about it all yesterday.... It was terrible! no one brought, I did everything wrong. I hope thats my first and last bad one! although I expectt not! Oh and yes it was a dream.

Caz
    Last edited by stampingcaz; 08-10-2007 at 08:02 AM. Reason: spelling and adding a word

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn View Post
    Exactly why they should not be charging £ for $, they are making 100% profit before they do anything if they charge £ for $ (that's if they get much sold in the UK at this mark up.) Sorry but if it is going to be £ for $ then it really is a total rip off. If they can sell the stamps in the US for $X how can they sell the same stamp iin the UK for £X when the £ is so strong? I realise there is the shipping and VAT, customs, etc to be added on to the $ price, but that cannot justify a 100% mark up in the $ price.

I hope SU will be made aware of this thread.
    OK, I admit to not understanding. sorry for misquoting, or talking rubbish, I am good at that

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Linz View Post
    Joining in as this is also something I have been waiting to happen for 6 years now - contacted them back then to ask if I could be a demo and they said no UK.

I used to get my stamps via a US rep, but stopped a while ago as the shop took over my crafting days

Bit disappointed to see £ for $ but not particuarly surprised. Was also a bit disappointed at the time of the UK release, feel a lot of people won't have the money to spend that close to Christmas, but then I could (and often am) wrong
    I am thinking of starting my stamp camps, jan or feb, not worth it before christmas. I agree would have been better to launch earlier (of course) or early next year rather than the month before christmas

Caz

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Oh Caz what are your stamp camps, sorry for being thick LOL?

Did you get through to the lady who is overseeing the launch I thought I read you were trying to call her?
    Trudy

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (30)
    I have emailed her, not heard anything as yet, but I am imagining she is under all those emails up London way somewhere, poor woman, fancy only giving us one to berate with all our questions lol, I am soooo hoping that when we can eventually see the catalogue that we are all wrong and that the glimpse we have seen on the starter kit is just a blip and all the stuff is a lot less expensive, otherwise I don't think SU will do that well over here, nobody wants to fork out that kind of money on crafting stuff, I can see it going back into the realms of nothingness!!!!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Sorry if I'm being thick but does it say anywhere how much commission we earn from sales??

Wish for spellcheck
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (18)
    i dont think I have seen it in the Uk forms, but we are going on what happens in USA, this may be wrong but untill we otherwise it is a good base to gone on,
    Karen

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Bird View Post
    I have emailed her, not heard anything as yet, but I am imagining she is under all those emails up London way somewhere, poor woman, fancy only giving us one to berate with all our questions lol, I am soooo hoping that when we can eventually see the catalogue that we are all wrong and that the glimpse we have seen on the starter kit is just a blip and all the stuff is a lot less expensive, otherwise I don't think SU will do that well over here, nobody wants to fork out that kind of money on crafting stuff, I can see it going back into the realms of nothingness!!!!
    Yeah poor woman! I have emailed her three times.... can you imagine all the emails she is getting?! Have any of you emailed her to tell her your concerns over the pricing?

Caz

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Trudyw View Post
    Oh Caz what are your stamp camps, sorry for being thick LOL?

Did you get through to the lady who is overseeing the launch I thought I read you were trying to call her?
    Its an americanisium, basically a stamping meeting with demo, hands on ect

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    I'm still getting through the 6 pages of terms and conditions.

Wish for spellcheck
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (18)
    let me know if there is any boogers in there Theresa, I dont think I could handle 6 pages of small print!
    Karen