Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    not until 8th October !!!! dont know if I can wait that long, is there going to be a pre-order list do you think?

Love anything oriental craftyanne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Wow Just what I need to give me more confidence I think. Must put it on my Christmas pressie list.

Brilliant just brilliant Thank you Graphtec g b

I will be thin ... I will Dee100's Avatar
    View Gallery

Bloomin hek, that's expensive and I only purchased my CR this morning thinking that would be a one off expensive and any additional soaftware would be a free download.

I also believe in fairies

Live each day as your last and remember to smile MrsRudy's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    Sorry ladies but I don't think its expensive if it means I can do everything in one place - I am soooo fed up of having to design and save twice in inkscape then load and adjust in robo and then it not be right (can you tell I'm not that good at the tech bit!!) Can't wait until 8th October - going to put it in my diary now - It's definately a must have to ensure I can make more use of my ROBO - I am soooo excited!!!
    Susy

I'm quite happy to pay for the new software. I do use Inkscape for welding words and making the mats it still makes a really grumpy noise when I cut in the robo. It will be worth it just for a quieter cut lol.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I like the idea of the one step word welding as it takes me ages in Inkscape (I know I should have the hangof it by now but it aint happening!) and being able to make shadows etc so I think it is on my to buy list Out of interest does this offer more than the silhoette software or is it much the same
    Last edited by sugarplum; 20-09-2007 at 08:40 PM. Reason: spelling

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)
    I'm with Susy, I don't think it's expensive either and think it seems perfectly reasonable to charge for something that is an extra for the Robo. The Robo is a stand alone plotter/cutter, this is an enhancement you don't actually need to use the machine - just WANT, lol.

Corrina

View Gallery

It looks great, anyone know if they will be taking pre-orders for it? Hugs Iris xx
    What you create today, someone will treasure tomorrow!

Happy Scrapper - Professional Thread Killer lesleyuk's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    Looks good. Wonder if an early birthday pressie could be in the offing.

Graphtec GB
    View Gallery

Hi All

Thanks for the positive comments on the new software, we are very pleased with it. I know some of you feel it is a little expensive, but dont forget, you can run the Robo quite happily with the bundled software that comes with the machine.

This is just an optional extra as requested by so many of you. It is something we have done as Graphtec GB, and is not part of the global Graphtec thing. The DesignMaster software is built on the foundation of some of the industrial software that we supply. The industrial version with virtually all of the same feature sells for over £600 and that is before you add VAT.

It has taken all of my negotiating skills to get the price down to £37.95, and the price issue has been the biggest obstacle delaying the launch.

It will not be everybody's cup of tea, but I am sure those who do give it a go will be very pleased.

The tutorials will be very much step by step and should be up on the website over the weekend (12pm Sunday night if i don't catch up with the backlog)

Phil

View Gallery

Just wanted to say a big thank you to Phil and Graphtec. Its not often you find a company that actually takes the time to listen to their customers and find out what they want and then act on it. I personally think the new software will be a help to me and I am happy to pay the price asked
    Its also great that you (again) are going to take the time to put tuts on here to help guide us through
    So altogether... we u Phil!!

Becoming a UKScrapper
    View Gallery

thank you phil can you tell us if we can pre order the software at all patience is not a crafters strong point

Not sure but I think Phil said in an earlier posting that we would be able to pre order some time next week but I think the launch date was 8th October.

Janet

Dedicated Scrapper YorkieMomFlUSA's Avatar
    View Gallery

Well, this is great!!! I am just wondering if all fonts will work in this new software. Back when I did use InkScape, there were a lot of fonts that it would not recognize, so I started welding words in Paint Shop Pro. Anyone know?

Pam

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I agree Erika - the set up certainly looks like the KNK ( which in turn comes from the same professional sign making software), and the one thing they couldn't do with the KNK was get it to read or create GSDs because of the coding, so hats off to the Graphtec GB software developers - my software came with my KNK and it's mind blowing what it can do - stand alone software costs £250!! If the design master can do half what the KNK software does then £40 is a real bargain and I'll be getting a copy 'cos I'm a sucker for software!!
    Susibi
    Last edited by susibi; 20-09-2007 at 11:33 PM.