Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Studio/SVG Templates > Boxes/Tags/Envelopes & Stationery

Notices

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxes

Card maker/scrapper and sort of Photographer! elwoodsusanm's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

rolling Boxes

A box with cut-out options of different shapes. Don't know is this has been done before but this is my version. Could be used for wedding favours, gifts etc. The cut-outs cut could, for instance, have foiled card inserted behind!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    God must love stupid people-He made so many of them

Dedicated Scrapper sugar n spice's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)

lattice favour box

another attempt for the wedding poss for confetti or to be lined as favour box

View Gallery

Petals - a no stick favour box

My petal box is filled with roses - unfortunately not the chocolate roses as I am a diabetic and there are no such goodies in my abode. So I just used what was to hand.

I have put instructions in the file as to where folds are mountain or valley. There is no glue or sticky tape required for this box - it's all in the folds!

There's nothing wrong with teenagers that reasoning with them won't aggravate!

View Gallery

Petals version 2 - another no-stick favour box

This version has 5 petals making it pentagonal and has a fancy edge to the petals.

When I decorated it I cut triangular panels of gold embossed paper to attach on each petal. I also used peel-offs on the inside of the petals.

I'm sure i could use that for something..... frogzone's Avatar
    View Gallery

Twister Box and Curved Box

well ladies and gentlemen, here is septembers challenge....

i was out shopping the other day and wow how much things seem to have gone up in price.. and if you are like so many people beginging to feel the pinch and dreading the hefty thwack of the bills over christmas here is somthing that you may find helpful........ as well as entertaining !

I have always enjoyed taking a flat sheet of paper and making somthing 3 dimensional out of it....... boxes being my favourite.

I love my Robo and I most of all the perforations which can be used for a fold line or even a tear off slip by just adjusting the size of the cuts... its fantasticaly acurate and it turs out right every time.

.. now when you think of fold lines or crease lines I bet you think of a straight line.... but have you tried folding a curve !

So this months challenge is very simple take a flat piece of paper and turn it into somthing 3 dimesional

I have done 6 different 'boxes' to give you some ideas so why not give it a go..

Twister box
    Pillow style box with a rip open tab,
    Triangular pencil box with rip tab,
    Small hanger boxes ( ideal for xmas tree)
    Home made sweet box
    Curved fold box.

hope you have fun...

Remember you can use more than one sheet of paper.... look at the packaging in the shops for insipration
    Last edited by Lucille; 11-10-2008 at 08:48 PM. Reason: additional tips..
    Lis

Cardmaker
    View Gallery

September Challenge

Not too exciting. Another box! If I were doing it again I would probably add two more tabs to the base to make it a bit more sturdy. I would quite like to see it with some pale coloured acetate inside. Does anyone know where it can be bought? Alternatively, I suppose I could print a colour on a sheet of overhead transparency. The lattice I made doesn't show up too well. It looks quite decorative in a larger size but the effect is lost when it is reduced too far. Thoroughly enjoyed doing the challenge.

This was originally produced in DM. The conversion to GSD will tend to slow down the cut.

Mary

PS I might revisit this challenge and improve the box a little.

Search Words: Box, Lattice
    Last edited by Wishful Thinking; 27-09-2008 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Addition of search words

View Gallery

2 New Boxes

Playing around between sessions with the wedding invites I made these two little boxes.

The larger one has a 2 inch square base with a 2 inch height and the top is 2.5 inches square. The top flap folds over and the tab fits into the recess on the opposite flap. I have adjusted the shape of the tab in the gsd files after I had cut these in the photo. This is to make the closure less likely to slip open too easily.

The smaller one has a 1.5 inch square bottom and depth, with a 2 inch square top. Closes in the same way.

I cut them from cards pre-printed with background files I had created in PSP X2.
    Last edited by Ruthan; 03-09-2008 at 05:21 PM. Reason: spelling not what it use to be!!!!!!!

Cardmaker
    View Gallery

September Challenge

I hope it is OK to post again in the September Challenge. In my earlier post I said I thought I would revisit this challenge. Well, I have improved the box, having added more tabs to make it firmer. I have also enlarged the lattice. The smaller box is a little bit fiddly to stick together but I am thinking of placing some on the Christmas tree, with a wrapped chocky inside. I used 160gsm card for these and they both feel nice and firm.

The larger of the boxes is 6cm square and the smaller 4cm square (unless you change the template). If only I had a flower or two to hand to add to the ribbons (actually I have hundreds but I had to pack everything away when we had visitors for a month and, as yet, have not found them!).

They are GRA files at the moment but I will convert them to gsd files very soon.

Mary

GSD File Added
    I have added the large size box in GSD format. The smaller boxes are made by reducing the template to whatever size you wish.

The larger box size (in both formats) cuts very near to the edge of the maximum size. If you are unsure exactly where your Robo cuts it might be a good idea to reduce the size of the template a little.
    Last edited by Wishful Thinking; 06-09-2008 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Addition of GSD file

starting over again with new software mothershotel's Avatar
    View Gallery

Snowflake Box

Hello Everyone

I am so pleased. I just made my first box, as we are in the run up to Christmas I thought a snowflake box would be a good idea ( hope no one else has done one). not as good as some on here but not too bad for a first attempt. I drew it in Paintshop Pro then traced in robomaster, it has taken me since I first posted that I would like to have a go but wasnt sure where to start.
    I have cut it and it cuts fine but can't take a picture as my camera is at work so made a screen shot as my preview as I am so excited to have made it.

PS all lines to the tabbs are dotted even though 1 shows solid in the preview
    D
    Last edited by Lucille; 11-10-2008 at 08:41 PM. Reason: typo's
    Happy Crafting
    Dee
    To see my creations please visit my photobucket

http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i261/mumshotel/
    Please PM for my password telling me where you saw my signature.

View Gallery

peek-a-boo box

This is a great challenge. Mary, what a great idea for my homemade Christmas ornament I make each year. Thanks.

I love everything I have seen so far. This cute peek-a-boo box is designed by Brenda Quintana. With her permission here is the GSD.
    ~Dixie/kztmiz

My Blog

View Gallery

I'm so impressed with all the entries so far, especially as I found this a really difficult challenge, so well done everyone!

Here’s my entry Lis, it’s another box I’m afraid, but I have managed to include some curved fold lines in it.

I was heavily influenced by the beautiful dome top hexagonal box you posted a couple of years ago, here but mine is much less complex with only 4 sides. The top is just ‘squashed’ shut after you’ve pushed the corners inwards. I hope it will be useful to someone.

Search words: Boxes; domed; flower; topped; gift; box..

Dedicated Scrapper steffie_hexe's Avatar
    View Gallery

ha ha Shirtbox

Hi!

This easy shirtbox is my work for today.
    Sorry, i cannot show you a decoratet shirt, but you are creative enough to do it better then i did...

Have fun with this little GDS!
    Steffie
    Greetings,
    Steffie
    HP: Please apologize my English, my native language is German. Ich antworte auch gerne auf Deutsch! ;-)
    My Blog: Steffies Hexenhaus

Dedicated Scrapper sugar n spice's Avatar
    View Gallery

triangle box

I'm back I missed you all coldn't wait to get back to playing, so here is my offering..............
    makes a great special choccy box maybe for cristmas for the children to give teacher?

View Gallery

Baby Shoe Box

Hi been a while since i contributed Dunno if this will be of any use made it to fit baby shoe has two lid depths
    Last edited by Lucille; 13-02-2011 at 08:42 PM.

Dedicated Scrapper - Limited Sponsor - Fuschia's Avatar
    View Gallery

I've just made a Cot, for a Christening Card/Gift, so had to design a box for it to fit into and came up with this.

Hope it qualifies and you like it.
    Last edited by Lucille; 10-11-2008 at 08:54 PM.