Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Quote Originally Posted by shimelle View Post
    i started with one or two on an end table and then i got out of control! whoops. now i have a giant glass jar at one side of the sofa, a basket that sits on an end table and a bunch across the top ledge of the shelf above my scrapping table. definitely love having them around and even non-scrappers pick them up when they stop by.

love and glitter,
    shimelle.~*
    www.shimelle.com
    Now see, here is where I have a problem! I've been tidying and re-arranging, and the first thing I noticed was how binkin' DUSTY things were. So, how do you combat that? I thought I might add a few to the top of my (appropriated from Jack ) bookshelf thing, which is quite long and has room, but I know in a week they will be covered in a thin layer of dust. Even in a basket they will not stay clean for long. Is it just a matter of rotating them around every day or so? Anything that encases them defeats the purpose of having them "out" if you see what I mean

So what's the answer?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    I love the basket idea! All my mini books are in a cupboard out of site But I do have a 2 year old who would "handle" them far too much.

It would be nice to have them on display though, so visitors or my older kids could look at them more often!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    Quote Originally Posted by carol ann View Post
    I take secret photos of my grandchildren and keep them throughout the year,then I make mini scrapbooks for their parents and granparents who live in Hungary to give them at xmas.My daughter-in-law said it was the best xmas present she had last year,so I am doing the same again this year.Carol ann
    That's a really wonderful idea!
    Life is 10% what happens to you,and 90% how you react to it.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    MA: i think the dust problem comes from location! i don't have that much dust in the flat ('that much' being a relative term, of course), but i remember living in the country side and as soon as you finished dusting one side of the room, it had settled on the other! blech!

perhaps a picnic basket you can close!

will think!

love and glitter,
    shimelle.~*
    www.shimelle.com

Love is the sweetest feeling that we know Ladybug-nina's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    I keep mine in a basket on the chest in the living room. I do love the idea of the picnic basket