Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

There is nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with chocolate Kirsty262's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (120)

Wedding Place Cards Help

I have been asked to make some place cards for my nieces friends wedding (she is on a very tight budget)

Anyway was thinking of trying to set up a template but thought surely someone must have made them before and have a template

So is there anyone that has made place cards and could give me some pointers or if you have a template that I could use to print out it would be fab

Thank you

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    I was somewhere the other day looking at some and all they where was white card with bows on with a littel gold dotted line under the bow for the name to go on but i do have to say the did look lovely
    Julie

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (45)
    Hi Kirsty,

I made some for my parents Ruby ... you can download the word file from here.

Don't know if it's the kind of thing you had in mind. You get 12 name cards per A4 sheet of card/paper. You can change the fonts/image/colours to what you want. The dotted lines give you the cutting lines but you can make these lighter if you prefer.

You can always replace the clipart with a hand made embellishment if you prefer. We needed some that were quick and easy to make.

Hope it helps
    Karen
    Karen (My Craft Blog / My Blog)
    INKY MINXES

Swaps: Bakers Twine, Blooms

There is nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with chocolate Kirsty262's Avatar
    View Gallery

Thank you so much Karen, they are ideal

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    If you want to handwrite/embellish some I have some pre folded ones you can have as a RAK if you like?

Hebejeeby
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

ha ha Wedding cards

Hi,

I made my own place cards from bazzill card. I cut squares 8 x 8cm and folded them in half. I printed out a4 vellum with our names on, cut this into little squares 3x3cm, stuck this on the left hand side and attached a heart button onto the vellum, writing names on the right hand side. I made matching invites too but only because I got carried away!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (71)
    They sound lovely Hebejeeby.
    Jay
    Star Wars CC Oct 05; Mardi Gras CC April 06; Summer Scrapin Holiday CC Aug 06; Harry Potter CC Nov 06; Mad Hatters CC April 07; Oscars CC April 08; Happy Birthday CC Oct 07; Whodunnit CC Feb 09
    My Blog

View Gallery

I made mine with 4x6 card, cut in half, then folded in half. My theme was cream and gold and roses, so I put a line of gold (outline sticker) across the top and down the side. Where the join was I put a paper tea rose on for the ladies and a rose leaf for the men. The card was cream, but I printed the names on white paper, cut out and stuck on. They were quite simple, but tied in with everything else - tea roses were the same as my daughters head dress, which I also made. This was a few years back now and I am sure you could get nicer products (rub ons for example), but it's just and idea and they did look nice.

and her cheeky little monkey! Natbag's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (26)
    I was on a tight budget too, so included my place name cards in my favours. I had little handbag boxes for the ladies and square boxes for the men (which are really cheap or can be made), added a few choccies in each, tied with ribbon and then added a heart bearing the person's name. On the back was the meaning of their name.
    Think I have pictures somewhere if you like
    Natalie x
    Member of Doodlin' Daisies team & Green Buttons house
    My Blog
    365 days

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I used one of the free fonts to put names on as I wasn't that keen on my handwriting. I also cut them into tags and added them to little velvet bags to create favours and place names.

View Gallery

Thank you ladies some great ideas

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Natbag
    I was on a tight budget too, so included my place name cards in my favours. I had little handbag boxes for the ladies and square boxes for the men (which are really cheap or can be made), added a few choccies in each, tied with ribbon and then added a heart bearing the person's name. On the back was the meaning of their name.
    Think I have pictures somewhere if you like
    Oh yes, pictures please Natalie.
    Jay
    Star Wars CC Oct 05; Mardi Gras CC April 06; Summer Scrapin Holiday CC Aug 06; Harry Potter CC Nov 06; Mad Hatters CC April 07; Oscars CC April 08; Happy Birthday CC Oct 07; Whodunnit CC Feb 09
    My Blog

View Gallery

Here you are then
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Natalie x
    My Blog
    365 days

View Gallery

They're lovely Natalie.
    Jay
    My Blog

View Gallery

Forgot to say the tags were 2 hearts, the top one printed vellum and the bottom one a sort of pearlescent lilac. The meaning of the name is on the back of the lilac heart at the back

Thanks Jay, I had all invites and Order of Services to match . Took me weeks though
    Natalie x
    My Blog
    365 days