Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

How Do I get a image ready to cut?

Its me again! I just got my robo and I have so many questions! What Do I need to do to get a image ready to cut? Do I have to trace the outside of my image? Is there a auto trace or do I have to do it by hand? How do I line my image up with my traced image so that when I cut it cuts in the right place?

If I create a image in adobe illustrator how do I open it up in The Craft robo program? Is there a way to do it without having to save the image as a jpeg? Because that makes the quality of the image really bad. Is there a way to print the image from illustrator and cut it out using CR?

Thanks for all your help!
    ~Stacey~

View Gallery

Hi have briefly answered your questions. Please look at the tutorials here as this will help you lots.

Quote Originally Posted by smarie1011
    Its me again! I just got my robo and I have so many questions!

What Do I need to do to get a image ready to cut? Do I have to trace the outside of my image? Yes

Is there a auto trace or do I have to do it by hand? You can use either, autotrace is quicker thogh and if required you can tidy it further if you want by hand

How do I line my image up with my traced image so that when I cut it cuts in the right place? You must ensure that you use reg marks, EDIT > REG MARK SETTINGS

If I create a image in adobe illustrator how do I open it up in The Craft robo program? Is there a way to do it without having to save the image as a jpeg?

Not sure but is there a problem saving it as a jpeg?

Because that makes the quality of the image really bad.

Ah right. You need someone who uses this to help. I save jpegs from Photoshop and have no problems. This this must be to do with your res setting etc

Is there a way to print the image from illustrator and cut it out using CR? Not sure if this would work as you need reg marks

Thanks for all your help!

Your welcome..............Sue

~Stacey~
    Daily Blogging and Loving It !!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

There is a plug-in for Illustrator which allows you to cut direct from the program. It works really well, and installs without trouble.

It will probably be on your disc, but if not I believe you can download it from the Crafty Club site.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    The extra software will be on your installation disk, but depending on how old your machine is and what version of Illustrator you're using you may need to use the download instead, as some disks may have an older version which will only work with Illustrator up to v11/CS. The download defintely works with versions up to CS2.

It's well worth reading all the tutorials, FAQs, and hints and tips to help get you started. There are also some Illustrator tutorials (written for the Pro but which will still be useful) on the CRPro site.

Rosemary