Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper christine mckie's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Hi
    I am Christine I am 52 I have three daughters 2 grandchildren and a very fussy cat, my husband works offshore, so plenty time for scrapping had my Robo about 2 years and only recently started using it, had a stroke the week before my daughters wedding in Sept and since then my memory and concentration is poor.I have been crafting for 3 years making cards and scrapbooking. I am so greatfull to this site as it has helped me no end.
    MANY THANKS TO ALL THE TALENTED PEOPLE. I hope to post templates when my husband shows me how. lol

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (21)
    As I am turning into a regular in this part of the forum I thought I would post in this thread too. I am Sharon age 43, SAHM to two children ds age 12 dd age 6. I am divorced and remarried, happily and celebrating our 7th anniversay on Sunday I currently am living in Eastleigh in Hampshire where I have lived for 20 years but all this is about to change on Friday this week, as we are moving to St Leonards On Sea in East Sussex. I have been scrapping for about 3years and although not a card maker, since getting the robo in august I have made quite a few cards. I habven't ventured into the area of designing my own templates yet but once the house move and Chrtistmas are out the way I hope to design some of my own.

Kirigami~Origami~Jenigami JennieBean's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Been reading all of your stories over the past few days. So many people here are a true inspiration. I consider myself very lucky to have my health and to never have suffered any real tragedy in life, huge hugs to everyone.

So here goes, I'm Jennie, I turned 40 yesterday (8th December) been married to hubby for two years on 19th December, he is my toy boy at 35 lol, and we had a dream wedding in a little Scottish Castle. We have never been married before and both met later in life. Now going through that swithering phase of whether or not we are too old to start a family, I think we will if we can, meantime, Treacle and Bakewell will suffice !!! For anyone who hasnt heard of them, they are my hubbys 'tarts', but are more commonly kowns as kittens.

I work as a Qualifications Manager, which is kind of like a headmistress, only for grown ups lol.

I have loved scrapbooking for years and have recently got into card making as well. But I dabble in everything from cross stitch to sugercraft. Anything except cooking - Ileave that to hubby. Er got robo a few months ago, after I nagged hubby for ages, and explained the benefits re car vinyl stickers lol (he is a total petrol head).

My mother in law is blind and this raised my awareness of making things more tactile, hence I like 3d creations and varied materials.

I ran a Brownie pack for years. The best bit was crafts and camp, the worse bit was endeless meetings with no outcomes. I would now happily take on a new volunatry venture, just looking for the right thing

Big hugs everyone xox
    JennieBean

View Gallery

As i'm new here and can't wait to get started. I would just like to thank everybody for sharing there files. I'm Helen i'm 34 from scotland and love my Robo haven't mastered making my own files but with your tut's hopefully soon.
    Thanks to All for sharing

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hi I'm Sandra

Hi
    I'm Sandra, I'm from South Yorkshire - between Doncaster and Barnsley and I am 47 - I have 2 sons and 4 grandchildren - 2 of whom I do crafts with
    I have a Robo for Christmas and I hope to be able to try some of the wonderful templates.
    I will probably have all my Christmas cards made by the end of January.
    I would like to know if there is any other people in the area or any groups for the Robo where people meet up
    Would be nice to meet up and have a chat

Sandra

View Gallery

Hi, my name is Vanessa, live in Dorset and married to Neil for 28 yrs. For a number of years I created all my cards on the computer but have been making handmade cards for about 3 years. I received my Craft Robo in September as a birthday present from my husband and I love it.

View Gallery

Hi, my name is Donna and I'm from Plymouth. I'm 46 and only got into card making about a year ago after a friend pestered me as I'm quite artistic. I am divorced with no children, live on my own and quite like it that way. I work for Brittany Ferries as a reservations consultant. Get fed up with it at times (or should I say the management really) but been here for 10 years now so it can't be that bad. I'd never even heard of a Craft robo before I got one for Christmas so joined this site for help really and must say everyone has been fab.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by DONZIE View Post
    Hi, my name is Donna and I'm from Plymouth.
    Now I was born in Plymouth and lived through the blitz. My father worked in the Dockyards as an armourer and was involved in arming the Ark Royal as she was fitted out for the war. We were bombed out in 1941 and went to live in the Swilly/Camels Head district and I went to North Prospect Primary School before going to Coburgh Street Sec Mod. I left Plymouth when I was 17 to join the WRAF and sadly never got to live in Devon again although I always hanker after going 'home'

Ruthan

There's nothing wrong with teenagers that reasoning with them won't aggravate!

My crafting is a triumph of enthusiasm over talent nananessa's Avatar
    View Gallery

Hi I am Vanessa

Hi. I have been hanging around for a month hopefully learning something for when my Robo arrrives TODAY YIPEE.

I'm 55 and i have been married to Mike for 37 years, we have 2 daughters Kate 31 and Helen 29 and one fabulous grandson Cameron 9.
    I have been card making for just over a year and started a little bit of scrapbooking about 6 months ago as i was running out of people to make cards for and thats where i will concentrate my efforts now.
    This is the first forum i have joined. I find it quite hard to just chat to people i can't see but everyone is so friendly and helpful here.
    I hope that one day i will be able to produce work to the standard i have seen here.
    I also like dolls houses and anything that involves glue paper making a mess and not doing housework lol.
    I work full time as well as office manager for a contract cleaning company. ( mind you i am the only one in the office).

View Gallery

My name is Torri and I'm 25 years old, and live in Washington state, USA. My boyfriend (who lives with me) just bought me a CR, desk, scanner, and printer for Christmas so I expect that what was once a part-time hobby will take up many more hours now!

I didn't really mean to start scrapbooking, but I came back from a long trip with way too many pictures. By the time I finished my first scrapbook, I swore it was way too much work and I'd never do it again. Then I went abroad again, came home, and started another. I made one for my bf for Christmas but most of what I do is travel-related.

When I'm not scrapbooking, I go to grad school or play with my kitties, Udon and Katsu. And thanks so much for everyone's help on here, finding info about the CR in the US is difficult, at best!
    "Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant."

View Gallery

Hello, my name is Yamilka, I have a wonderful husband and a 5 year old. We presently live in Central Florida but we are planning to move this summer to Japan. I have been scrappin' for 5+ years. I have ventured some in cardmaking. I just got a Craft Robo for Christmas and I am a little frustrated since I can't make it work. Plan to learn some good tips here and share what I learn along the way.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)
    Hi, Like Jenniebean, I am awed by the hardships and sorrows so many of you seem to have gone/be going through. I live in Scotland across the river Forth from Edinburgh and have also lived in Plymouth and Bath, nowhere more exciting I'm afraid. I'm 58 married for almost 35 years and with 2 sons, 1 married, 1 not. I originally started making cards, but now scrapbook too and really like doing mini books and altering objects, find myself eyeing up all sorts of things wondering how I could alter them, lol. My Robo has been ignored for months as we moved house and I still don't have it set up, bought Design master and have it loaded on the laptop but not the pc, and don't have Robo master loaded on the laptop, but it is on the pc. I really need to get my act together and soon. I'd like to thank everyone for the brilliant templates you all share and I think this thread is a great idea.
    Corrina

Crafty Reen
    View Gallery

Hello my name is Rena and I live in Yarm in the NE of England.

I am 64 (how can that be!) divorced with 2 sons, one living in Leicester and the other in Dubai, and between them they have given me 6 wonderful grandchildren, 2 boys and 4 girls. I have a partner (Allan) who has restored my trust and confidence.

I too have had a stroke and in 2006 major spine surgery. I work 3 days per week as a secretary in Mental Health (helped me alot LOL!). I also sell Aloe Vera products through direct selling.

Dabbled in a number of crafts over the years, machine knitting, machine embroidery to name a few. Have had my CR for a couple of months now and have made a number of cards from the wonderful templates on this website and will be doing so from the Just Cutters CD as well. Thank you all! Have yet to get to grips with making my own templates - but I am aiming to do just that with the hope that I will be in a position to do so soon, perhaps with the help of my friend Lin (Etui22) aren't I lucky to have her living nearby and as a friend!

I hope you all have a healthy, prosperous, fulfilling and creative 2008.

Rena x

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    hi everyone

My name's Lisa (as you can tell by my forum name lol and yes...i laugh a lot lol). I'm 38 (never feel it though) I've been divorced for 6 years now and have a fantastic 13 yr old Son Sam and live in stoke on trent (the potteries!! - not anymore lol). ive been cardmaking for the past 2-3 years and even more into it now that my brilliant parents bought me my robbie for xmas. he was a great pressie to unwrap xmas morning (almost as good as getting robbie williams in my parcel lol). i'm finding life with robbie a little confusing at the moment as i cant get design master cd to run properly but i'm sure i will get there. i can't wait to create templates etc and make a contribution to this fantastic site.. I'm looking forward to chatting with you wonderful people.

Lisa
    xx

View Gallery

hi I am Mags, mother of Dawnywol who is also a member. Am 63, retired and trying to get to grips with my robo, which I have had since July. did manage to draw and cut out some tiny exploding boxes to take chocs for Xmas dinner table - so now need to be more adventurous.

Have done many crafts over the years including dressmaking - i.e.making alll my own clothers way back! Have also taught cake decorating (Royal and sugarpaste) Now I prefer to sit and craft. did a bit of card-making a few years ago when Dawnywol was a demonstrator for a stamp company, and then lapsed. Started again last Xmas - becoming a craft-aholic now. LOL!

Mags