Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Getting to know you

So there are quite a few of us here who are regulars, but them newbies joing us every day

I thougt it might be nice to have a thread where we can introduce ourselves and get to know each other a little better.

Of course it's purely up to you if you want to post and what personal info you share

Guess I'll start

I'm Niki (bet you never figured that out from my user name) I'm 35 and live in Southampton. Not married but have boyfriend, Wayne. We don't live together but work in the same place and he lives just 5 mins up the road so we see each other pretty often

When I'm not crafting my day job is a Hospital Theatre Information manager, pretty boring but I've been doing the job for 9+ years so it can't be that bad.

I'm mainly a card maker but have done some scrapbooking, tend to do more layouts around poems I write though as I don't have a family as such to do personal layouts with photo's.
    Ramblings of a Robo Rebel

Forever Memories For You for all you Robo needs

[/FONT]3, That's the magic number. Yes it is, It's the magic number .

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Great idea Niki,I've only posted here a couple of times and always had a friendly helpful answer, so I'll try and join in a bit more.
    My name is Claire, I am 53 and I live in Ireland, Co Donegal,the most northernly county of Ireland. My husband and I run a B&B and it gets pretty hectic over here from now on till October. It is very hard work but we enjoy meeting new people and love living in a beautiful village. I started making cards a couple of years ago, and I sell them at our local branch of Country Markets, something like the farmers markets in UK. I'd love to get into scrapbooking now as we had our first granddaughter in October, so there are tons of pictures.

Dedicated Scrapper Angel Crafts's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    Great idea

OK I am Angela, I am 37 and have been married for nearly 17 years, we have 2 kids Lauren is 7, Gordon is 5. We also have 2 little papillons who are both 1.
    I have an online stash shop www.angelcrafts.biz (don't forget about our offers on just now) and am also a partner in Luxurious Angels where we organise scrapping retreats

I used to make cards, but since I started scrapping I prefer that.

We live in Stonehouse, South lanarkshire Scotland, and I also hold a monthly crop in the local church, so if you want to come along, let me know

Live each day as your last and remember to smile MrsRudy's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    What a lovely idea.

I'm Susy, a card maker for 5 months and really really into it. Not tried scrapbooking. Card stuff has taken over the dining room but have wonderful OH who is really supportive (unless I haven't made dinner or done the ironing or the washing up or put little one to bed!!!!) and has bought me my CR. As said I am married with 3 kids (well not all are kids). Eldest is nearly 16 and just about to sit his GCSE's - he's not bothered but I'm getting worried, middle one is nearly 13 and little one is 8 and very spoilt (only girl). Also have 2 fish (not named - aaah) and dog, scooter (not our idea - rescue dog who already had that name) who is a cross between a corgi and a collie (mind boggles!). He is also 13 and virtually deaf (great fun when letting him in from the garden - you have to go out and stand in front of him so he knows the door is open - great in the rain with slippers on).

I live in Leeds and would love contact from any other card makers in the area - always need new ideas. New to using forums, this is my first (does that make me a forum virgin?)

Work part time for a religious organisation and run a brownie pack and brownie district. Try to help out in school office when I can and other than being a taxi for the kids I spend the rest of my time making cards.

Not sure what else to put - have sense of humour (most of the time) and am kind and caring (sounds like a personal ad!!). HAHA!!

Susy

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (85)
    My name is Joanne, I've had my robo about 6 months, I don't use it much at the moment as she (her name is Rosie) is homeless at present but I am moving her to a permanent position next to the main PC this weekend, just been waiting for the new software to be available again

I am a cardmaker as well as a scrapbooker and a die cut alphabet nut which is why I bought the robo (it was cheaper than my QK collection!)

I work full time so just cut titles and templates as I don't really have the time to learn inkscape, saying that I am happy with what I can do so far with just the new robo software. I also use Adobe for joined up titles.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I'm Fiona, (Fi) or sugarplum whatever you prefer. I have been card making for about 3 years More seriously (I use that term very loosely) in the last 6 months or so. Even managed to sell enough cards at christmas to raise the money for half a craft robo dh bought the other half for my birthday. I am mum to Ross who is 8 and the light of my life. I am also into Reiki and wine! though not at the same time

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (55)
    My name is Frances I am 34 and I have a 17 year old daughter and I work in a bookies remember to place your bets for Grand National today ladies I love making cards and scrapbooking although since i got my robo seem to spend more time cardmaking .

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (43)
    I'm Heather, married to ian and have one daughter erin and #2 is due in November.

We sell Computers and Scrapbooking stash and I also sell the Craft Robo. I also teach but only on a supply basis at the moment.

I started making cards when I gave up my full time teaching post when Erin was a baby as I she has chronic eczema and I very soon found UKS and started scrapping
    Heather
    No more swaps, in fact if I ask to join a swap please say NO
    "Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hi,I'm Joanne or jo whatver you prefer, I live in southend on sea, essex but originally hail from london. Been living here for 13years now so feel like a local.

I am 34 years young and have been with my parrtner for 17 years so although not married he has become my DH on this forum. I have to beautiful lovely children Megan 8-9 and Ethan 3-4 although I love them to bits they are devils and am usually very glad when bedtime comes.

I work as a club leader in the local primary school, where I started as an dinner lady, but youngest starts full time school in september so will either have to maje a living out of this card making obsession of mine or go back to work more hours (excuse of children being at home no longer valid) which means I may have to change jobs which will seriously cut into my card making.

DH is very understanding until we get to the stage where you can't get in the kitchen/dining room for my card stuff and then he blows.

I found UKS in December whilst researching the robo and I'm so glad as this is a site full of talented and inspitational people and there is always someone around if you get stuck.

...and Thomas's Mom too! Jessicas Mom's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    My name is Alison, I'm 34 years old (OK, closer to 35 but not quite there yet!!) and I live in Holbury, near Hythe, in Southampton, with my partner Chris and our 2 kiddies Jessica (nearly 5) and Thomas (just turned 1). We are from South Africa, but have been living in the UK since 2001.

I work for the NHS at our local Community Hospital in Hythe - I am a PA in the Orthopaedics Department. I work part time so I can fit it in around the kids, and it's a great balance.

I mainly do scrapbooking, but do make cards for my friends and family. I've had my craft robo for about 10 days now, but my OH dropped the blade on the tiles and it broke so haven't officially CUT anything yet! The new blade arrived during the week, so I will hopefully have some time this weekend to sit down and play!!

Nice to "meet" everyone!!

Alison
    x

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    hi im tina
    46 from brentwood essex, married 29 years this year and proud of it although had some hiccups my husband chris is a paramedic.
    have 2 daughters one 26 one 11 long story about the gap
    i was a manager for greggs plc for 13 yrs i had a shop of my own and opened all the new shops for the company which i loved but one day just had enough, my eldest daughter started making wedding stationery, and i thouhgt id have a go at card making, so i brought a few sets from qvc and havent stopped since, and now make up card for create and craft when i get the kits, my crafting room has now taken over our conservertory which is 20ft by 14ft so im very lucky
    i now sell my cards at a local market on sat and sunday which helps the bills get paid and buying more to play with
    ive had my craft robo for approx 2 yrs now updating to the new version about 6 ths ago and i love it, although can be very frustrating sometimes , i just start a thread and the problem fixed
    well thats all for now

tina x
    Last edited by silverst170; 14-04-2007 at 09:30 AM.
    Tina craft robo

Norfolk - just at the end of the yellow brick road
    View Gallery

Great idea, this. I'm Andi (well Andrea really)- was always Andi when I was younger and just reverted to it for forums. DH NEVER calls me Andi! Been married for almost 31 years, had a brief 5 year marriage before that, and have one child from each marriage. Have always loved crafts, I was the child who would spent her pocket money on cut out dressing up doll books instead of sweets, and who designed and stitched clothes for my dolls, so I have done dressmaking, knitting, crochet, tatting, cross stitch and tapestry and, of course, cardmaking - can't draw or paint to save my life though. I love my CR, which my DH surprised me with last Christmas (having found and haunted this site to glean information to see if it was the right machine... I could have ended up with a Cricut. YUK!!!) I was born in Essex (well everyone has to be born somewhere!) moved to Hertfordshire in 1986 for 17 years then came to South Norfolk 5 years ago. My DH was lucky enough to be able to retire just before he was 50, so 13 years ago, and I did the same when I was 50 in 2001 and I love being free to do what I like every day.

Andi

Dipping in and out! Kamilicrafts's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Fab idea. I'm Kim - 47 (nearly 48!) married for the 2nd time for 21 years and have 3 children from my first marriage - 2 married with children - and 2 children from this marriage - 3 kids still at home. My youngest is 15. I also have 3 grandchildren whom I adore I live close to Gatwick Airport and am a SAHM educating my youngest daughter at home and looking after my grandchildren.

I only got my Robo last Thursday but figured it was about time as I use my PC for crafting more than anything using digital files and printing out so I thought it would be more useful to me. Plus I can de-clutter and get rid of loads of stuff accumulated over the last few years that I never use!
    Grandmothers are just antique little girls

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hi, my names Ann, 65 years young, Ive been a widow for 20 years.
    Three children and three granchildren from my eldest son.
    I've lived in Norfolk for 25 years, but originate from the North East ( whats known as a geordie )

I love this site everyone are so helpful and friendly.
    Betsy.

Norfolk - just at the end of the yellow brick road
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Kittypuss
    . Plus I can de-clutter and get rid of loads of stuff accumulated over the last few years that I never use!
    Yep, great logic Kim, but I bet you don't get rid of half as much stuff as you think you will. I've had this good idea many times but when I look at the stuff, a little area of my brain stamps it "still could be useful for something" and it goes on the 'to keep' pile not the 'to throw or give away' pile

Andi