Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Metallic Flex

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Yes its the reverse of peel offs, and if you are doing text you need to remember to mirror your word before cutting so that when you put on tshirt it is the right way round.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Can I ask a couple of questions too? I have managed to use glitterflex with no problem and transferred onto fabric successfully. Flock however I seem to have problems with .

I put the flock into the machine, no carrier sheet, using the settings suggested on here, however it does not seem to cut through the flock . I have tried to double cut, but it still does not go all the way through, so when I try to lift off the design, it is still all in one piece. I cut through with the flock facing up.

Also if I ever do manage to successfully cut flock, which way do I iron it onto fabric?

Owner of Janome MC9900 & Brother ScanNCut
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    have you read my thread when i cut flock & flex?

ive just done a test cut again to make sure but this is what i used (i am on old model as well)

thick media setting
    pink cap
    2 'o' rings
    speed 7
    thickness 30

No carrier sheet dull side up

perfect

if you have new model go to 33 instead of 30 as you dont have 'o' rings

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I did read the various threads, but can't understand why it wouldn't cut all the way through . I can see the cut shape outline in the fabric, however when I try and weed the other fabric around it away - the cut shape and surrounding fabric all comes away together. Or if some of it comes away it leaves the cut ouline bitty.

Sorry for all the questions, can't understand why I can cut glitterflex with no problems but not flock