Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)

WHOOPEE Autotrace for Pro

I've just been on the Graphtec site and there is now a download for the Autotrace feature for the Pro. Don't know how long it has been there and apologies if it has been mentioned before. THANK YOU VERY MUCH Phil.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Whoopee indeed! Thanks Janet. I've been looking at intervals but not for the last few weeks, I've been waiting for a while as I'm hoping the upgrade will also solve some other slight problems I'v had too. I've just been and downloaded this now.

So we're two happy (Pro) bunnies now.

Rosemary

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)
    could some nice person point me in the direction of this please?

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Go to Graphtec home page and click on picture of Robo (bottom right) and then to software download. Unfortunately, after installing it I now can't cut. The symbol is greyed out. I've tried uninstalling and then installing again but still no go. Tried starting from scratch with Disc. but still no go. can anyone shed any light on this please?

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)
    OHH PERHAPS I MAY WAIT THEN JUST TO MAKE SURE IT IS OK (OH SORRY just noticed caps!!) i need to do some cutting this afternoon so will hold fire

View Gallery

I've just come back to report the same problem. Installing the new software lost the drivers. Reinstalling from the disk I cna now get as far as the controller but then it's reporting it's not in the ready status.

I'll try deleting and reinstalling everything from scratch and see what happens. I did have a real hassle when I first installed the Pro so I reckon I should know not to install tricky stuff at weekends!

Rosemary

View Gallery

Well I've done a clean reinstall and I can now get it to cut, but it's still griping about the status not being ready if I try a second cut. So definitely don't install the upgrade until it's sorted out...

And I'm having two headaches for the price of one as my supposedly accurately aligned octagonal aperture card is cutting all wonky so I'll have to start again with my template.

Rosemary

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    if all else fails try restoring your system to before you installed the system, this should get you back tou your old config but if your lsr restore point was a few weeks ago you will loose any programs installed since then but any files should be safe.

Graphtec GB
    View Gallery

Hi All

I have asked our techies to check this out.

It looks like the controller is not being installed as well.

Should be fixed by Monday

Phil
    graphtec GB limited

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Phil

It looks like I may have to revise my opinion about having the best bloke there is. MANY, MANY THANKS.

Janet

Graphtec GB
    View Gallery

Now then janet, no flirting ;-)

Graphtec GB
    View Gallery

Hi All

I have had a reply back from our technicians

Basically the software that you download is an upgrade file, when installing it upgrades your existing version. Sometimes during this upgrade process it looses the path to the driver.

The solution
    When you go to cut, the controller comes up but no output device in the
    list
    Click this option box and reselect the driver.

Thats it!

Phil

View Gallery

OK I'm done and sort of working, but an still having "not ready" problems which may well not be connected...

I reinstalled old software yesterday, and did another upgrade this lunch time. Again Robo thought that the drivers were missing.

So, before you upgrade check under File -> Preferences to see what your Cutter Plotter Model is and make a note of it; mine is Graphtec Craft Robo Pro S.

After the upgrade this had been reset to Graphtec CE5000, and Robo had lost its drivers. Resetting back to the Pro S got it working. You may also see the Cut option and icon greyed out (which is what happened for Janet), so again, check the Plotter Model and reset it back.

HTH, Rosemary

And Phil can come and give me a good trouncing if I'm misleading you at all!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hope I'm not speaking too soon, but I reinstalled 30mins. ago and it seems to be working perfectly without me having to do anything.
    Thank you

Graphtec GB
    View Gallery

Rosemary

your description is actually far better than mine, it is I who should be trounced.

Phil