Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Cricut coming

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Thanks for all of your help Tracy....I will check it out......I am absolutely smitten with this little bug lol lol lol

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (23)
    Quote Originally Posted by emily08
    Here's a little book I did with fab finds and George, not sure about the ribbon though but I couldn't think of another way to bind it. Its definitely my fav cart.Attachment 60447
    do you mean you cut the book out of the fab finds?? its really lovely!

love this pic thanks to cheryl at feel good photos deejaz's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    Hi everyone, I am having a totally scraping day tomorrow from 10am till 3pm, DH is going away, so no housework and very little cooking takeways 5 days of freedom, went to costco today got a great set saw on another thread, so tomorrow for me is Cricut playday
    Dee xx
    Scrapwitch

Aug points slo 4 = dlo = minibooks= pts, tag book= pts, flag book= pts, CJ= pts, entry into CJ (3)=75pts. Weekly Challenges pts.August week1= , week2 = week 3= week 4=Total = 105

View Gallery

PS how about we set up a day once a year Cricut appreciation Day a day for all us Cricut lovers
    Dee xx
    Scrapwitch

Aug points slo 4 = dlo = minibooks= pts, tag book= pts, flag book= pts, CJ= pts, entry into CJ (3)=75pts. Weekly Challenges pts.August week1= , week2 = week 3= week 4=Total = 105

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (45)

Ff

Sharon, yes it on the fabulous finds carts, there are two versions, one with ribbon slots and the other with holes for brads I think.

Guess whose been to specsavers??? Ali M's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (50)
    Ive just been browsing around the cricut site & found the section in the forum that Tracy mentioned earlier...where theres an exploration into each cartridge..I think its really worth looking at especially if your not sure which cart to buy next!

DEE...Great idea with the appreciation day!

I was thinking it might be an idea to have a Cricut users CJ ,where we would have to do each entry using part of our cricut font/featuers...then when its getting passed round the group we might get even more inspiration!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    Hi can I ask a question I was all set to get a cricut untill a lady brought hers in the shop to show us she had not had it long but when she cut things out the edges were a bit torn not a clean cut, was this something she may be doing wrong (lady said she thought it was because card was cheap stuff)or is it normally a clean cut.My dh is buying me a machine for my birthday and untill I saw it working I wanted it but not sure now so I thought I would ask you experts who have been using yours for a while
    thanks lou

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    Ladies, just a quick question.

With the site thats offering the 20% discount again today! What is there postage costs like? I understand that they probably wont be 1p like on the auction site.

Many thanks
    Amanda

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (23)
    Quote Originally Posted by emily08
    Sharon, yes it on the fabulous finds carts, there are two versions, one with ribbon slots and the other with holes for brads I think.
    Thanks ... looks like i need the fab find carts now

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (85)
    she cut things out the edges were a bit torn not a clean cut, was this something she may be doing wrong (lady said she thought it was because card was cheap stuff)or is it normally a clean cut.
    I had this problem with my brand new cricut, it turned out the blade was a duff one. I rang Provocraft and they said they had had a batch of doggy blades which were shipped with machines that were not sharp enough. I changed my blade and I get perfect cuts now.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda H

With the site thats offering the 20% discount again today! What is there postage costs like? I understand that they probably wont be 1p like on the auction site.

Many thanks
    Hi Amanda H not sure at the moment, but you alway put it into shopping cart go through checkout and it should show you before you agree payment let me know how you get on or e-mail them i did think there postage was free for carts but just check first
    Dee xx
    Scrapwitch

I wish I was.....in Austria VAL DER RE's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    Quote Originally Posted by lou
    Hi can I ask a question I was all set to get a cricut untill a lady brought hers in the shop to show us she had not had it long but when she cut things out the edges were a bit torn not a clean cut, was this something she may be doing wrong (lady said she thought it was because card was cheap stuff)or is it normally a clean cut.My dh is buying me a machine for my birthday and untill I saw it working I wanted it but not sure now so I thought I would ask you experts who have been using yours for a while
    thanks lou

I have had my bug since Christmas and have noticed that mine has started to do that but only on thin paper, it is fine on card. I could be because your mat isn't tacky enough or that you aren't pressing the paper down well enough. Also, if you are doing intricate cuts with the size quite small then it can happen as well. I think I will get some new blades anyway, but as I say, it cuts perfectly on card, it is just thin paper that it seems to ruck up.

Val

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda H

Many thanks

Hi Amanda H just had a quick look on that site there is a postage charge of $10.50 now but on the auction site yes they are still 0.01 on some also when i last ordered on that site they sent me a discount code EBAY10 for 10% you could give it a go
    Dee xx
    Scrapwitch

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by VAL DER RE
    I have had my bug since Christmas and have noticed that mine has started to do that but only on thin paper, it is fine on card. I could be because your mat isn't tacky enough or that you aren't pressing the paper down well enough. Also, if you are doing intricate cuts with the size quite small then it can happen as well. I think I will get some new blades anyway, but as I say, it cuts perfectly on card, it is just thin paper that it seems to ruck up.

Val

Hi Val, on one of the previous threads, someone mentioned the mat and some say wipe with a baby wipe/ etc and other ideas which i have tried and it has workedbut i have put a new blade as well now
    Dee xx
    Scrapwitch

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (22)
    Quote Originally Posted by lou
    thanks lou
    may just need a new blade, or she needs to play with the settings, I have had mine since November and have very clean, crisp cuts (unless I set it up wrong )