Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast
    Mad Cat Person!!! EmilyLovedHim's Avatar
    aka Bagpuss so in the shop window of course!
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirsty262
    I didn't have a craft room, I just used to craft on the kitchen table which was a problem when we wanted to eat as you couldn't move

Anyway we decided that I could take the furnitire out of the conservatory and have that as a craft room. The conservatory is 10'x8'

I have a bit of storage but not enough and it is not organised at all

The problem I have is that there are 3 sides that are half brick and half glass in the consevatory (it is only half brick built and the rest is double glazing so windows are quite low) so I cannot have shelving as such (the other wall which is brick has the radiator on)

I really need to redesign my scraproom and get more organised

Any ideas?
    Could you not use the expedit shelves but put them on their sides instead of standing them up? I fyou have the Ikea catalogue that is what they have done with them in there. I would also think you would have to be careful with your stash storage boxes as conservatories by their nature are bright and light so you need to ensure that nothing is in the sunlight so it fades.

Just noticed - this is what Sam has done so go and have a look.
    Helen
    MY BLOG
    >^..^<Gottachat CJ >^..^<.

There is nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with chocolate Kirsty262's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (120)
    Quote Originally Posted by helenmurp
    Could you not use the expedit shelves but put them on their sides instead of standing them up? I fyou have the Ikea catalogue that is what they have done with them in there. I would also think you would have to be careful with your stash storage boxes as conservatories by their nature are bright and light so you need to ensure that nothing is in the sunlight so it fades.
    I do like the look of those, will have to measure my wall

At the moment I have material covering all my paper etc so they don't fade in the light and it seems to work, they have been in there over 12 months and nothing has faded yet

Are the expedit shelves big enough to stand up 12x12 albums in them?

Eggnog's for LIFE not just or Christmas ;o) peechy's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (22)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirsty262
    I do like the look of those, will have to measure my wall

At the moment I have material covering all my paper etc so they don't fade in the light and it seems to work, they have been in there over 12 months and nothing has faded yet

Are the expedit shelves big enough to stand up 12x12 albums in them?
    yep holds 12* albums no probs!!
    ****** **confessions......(my blog)
    **** Fairytail ATC Swap *****Meerkats Rule
    ************Faithscrappers Design Team*

Eggnog's for LIFE not just or Christmas ;o) peechy's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (22)
    Sam!! your room is just toooo lish!! fab . what a wonderful place to craft.
    ****** **confessions......(my blog)
    **** Fairytail ATC Swap *****Meerkats Rule
    ************Faithscrappers Design Team*

There is nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with chocolate Kirsty262's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (120)
    Quote Originally Posted by peechy
    yep holds 12* albums no probs!!
    Thank you

My mother was right.................... .I am starting to look like her. Ice Angel's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by donna russell
    have any of you got the PAX from ikea. that is my latest thoughts and would be approx half the cost of another double stacker.

thanks, donna
    I've used the 50(w) x 35(D) x 202(H) Pax for stash storage with loads of shelves. It's great for Cropper Hopper paper files and 12" albums. I've got the mirrored door on mine, so it reflects some light back into this tiny room. This is not the cheapest door mind.

Sam, that's a lovely room. Hoping to see it creatively messy soon!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (65)
    thanks liz. thats what i had in mind. i've just talked hubby into sawing a bit off the worktop so that i can fit in 2 units. do you recommend doors. i was just going to leave it open. the mirror does sound like a great idea though.

thanks, donna

My name is Hannah and I'm a stash addict!! Hannah Scrapper's Avatar
    View Gallery

You mentioned you were thinking about what colour to paint your new scrap room ( soooo Jelous!!) Well, I have seen somewhere that you should keep the room white as other colours can effect the look of your papers and also you want the room to be as bright as possible.

Hope this helps

Me however I have to share my husbands art room. He has his very own huge art desk (which was handed down to him by his farther) and I have a Writing desk stuck in the corner... Oh well at least I do have my own space... Poor Diane having to use her bedroom..

My mother was right.................... .I am starting to look like her. Ice Angel's Avatar
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by donna russell
    do you recommend doors. i was just going to leave it open. the mirror does sound like a great idea though.

It's just that mine was a proper wardrobe for about 6 Months, when I moved into this house it already had built-in wardrobes so I converted it into stash storage. I dont think doors are really necessary, although you could put a mirror opposite the wardrobe and kid yourself you had twice as much stash!!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (65)
    i don't need a mirror..my stash is now so big....i forget what i've already got, hence the need for a major tidy up to take stock of what i've got, not going to use ( so will be donated to dd or brownies) and what i still NEED or WANT lol!
    i'm thinking the doors are a good idea as it will instantly make the room tidy.

this week everyhing is being removed to paint the walls. next weekend i'll be at ikea for my units

thanks, Donna

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (23)
    I went to Lidl this morning and bought five drawers and i only have a wall of my dinning room the desk top is 8ft long... glass jars on the desk hold my ribbons
    Attached Images Attached Images

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (44)
    Sharon - did you buy these grey drawers from Lidl? How wide are the drawers

whatever you want CJ - the challenge
    March - 3 CJ entry SLO-3 DLO-1 and made a small album 8x8 10 pages also made a cj

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by adele
    Sharon - did you buy these grey drawers from Lidl? How wide are the drawers
    They are 13 3/4" by 12" its a bit tight for the 12 x 12 papers but i love them cos there are 6 drawers in each unit and the one with the four drawers the bigger drawers stores the large sizzix dies upright and the smaller drawers the yellow and green dies

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (44)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharon NI
    They are 13 3/4" by 12" its a bit tight for the 12 x 12 papers but i love them cos there are 6 drawers in each unit and the one with the four drawers the bigger drawers stores the large sizzix dies upright and the smaller drawers the yellow and green dies
    where they reasonably priced? - i am thinking they would be good for holding rubber stamps?

whatever you want CJ - the challenge
    March - 3 CJ entry SLO-3 DLO-1 and made a small album 8x8 10 pages also made a cj

View Gallery

They were 15.99, one of my units holds all my rubber stamps and inks, cos of the narrow drawers its much easier to see all my stamps.

one drawer unit is for my sizzix, one for my ribbons, one for embellishments, one for all my alphabets and rub ons