Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cards

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by mpjq7777
    Ouch!!!Ouch!!!Ouch!!!Yes I am new to this site...And Yes I Do Belong To DoCrafts Site Also...(Which is a close knit Family Site...Which One Of Our Members Is Realy Going Through It With Her Daughter....Breast Cancer Free For 5 Years and Now 7 Years On it's Worse Than Ever...We Are All Supporting Her Through Her Last Hours With Her Beautiful Daughter)...
    May I suggust you take a look at this thread here that clearly shows that this is also a VERY close knit family, and that loss and heartache is also shared between the 1,000's here.

In the gallery you will also see that there is a section dedicated to a couple of memeber who are no longer with us.

Also as a newbie you may not as yet have access to the community section where a lot of personal support and encouragement is given to all members when needed
    Ramblings of a Robo Rebel

Forever Memories For You for all you Robo needs

[/FONT]3, That's the magic number. Yes it is, It's the magic number .

Monica Dedicated Crafter
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by wssla00
    Whats a guard dog???

Hi,

A Guard Dog Is Something That Guards It's Own To The Bitter End...Like My Darling Mum Used To Guard Me Till She Passed Away Some 7 Years Ago...I sincerely hope you have your very own Guard Dog? xxxxMonica xx

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    Don't take it personally that you haven't had any feedback....your cards have not been uploaded for very long, and as several people have said there is a cybercrop this weekend so most members are busy scrapping.

I am feeling quite protective of this site, and will reiterate what others have said in that it is a very friendly, and supportive community here, and that is true of all crafts. However we are all primarily scrappers, or certainly joined this site due to its focus on scrapbooking. Please do take some time to look around, and I am sure that you soon see for yourself that this is the case.

You will also see the size of this site....its huge....with many forums and galleries. There are thousands of images on here, and I am sure that many people, like me, will comment on images that partcularly catch their eye, or isof particular intest to them, but please don't critcise us or make us feel guilty for not commenting....its not that your work is not good, or appreciated.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (23)
    Quote Originally Posted by mpjq7777
    Hi,

A Guard Dog Is Something That Guards It's Own To The Bitter End...Like My Darling Mum Used To Guard Me Till She Passed Away Some 7 Years Ago...I sincerely hope you have your very own Guard Dog? xxxxMonica xx
    cor...no need to be like that

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (51)
    good grief

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    expect the unexpected! good things come to those who wait! Patience my dear.

P.S if you all wanna leave lovely comments in my gallery feel free! I love it!

Dedicated Scrapper scruffysheep's Avatar
    View Gallery

Just to put the cat amongst the pidgeons.
    As a card maker who doesn't put her cards on here, (at least I don't think I ever have) I only ever comment on something that really catches my eye or is a new technique and I'm sorry but having looked at your cards they don't fit into either catagory and I wouldn't have bothered to look at a larger pic if it hadn't been for your comments. I'm not implying they are poor but just not my kind of thing.
    valerie

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    I love this site but never feel the need to make a bit deal about uploading my work whether its lo's or cards ( which i make a lot of). To me uks is about meeting new friends and having fun joining in.Think you need to spend a bit more time getting to know the site before you make such negative posts as after all you have only made 9 posts so far and it takes a lot longer to get to know what uks is all about. I've been a member for under a year and am still learning
    julie x

I'd do more scrapping if I wasn't here! Jencrafts's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Cor Blimy!!!! Don't get yer knickers in a twist Monica!

Today is a gift - that's why it's called the present Jools's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (34)
    May I also reitereate the above.

I love this site and almost without exception the lovely people I have met and new friends I have made because I joined. I dont do techy, so uploading is way too challenging for me, but I am eternally grateful to the people who do as they allow me to learn and gain inspiration from their work. I do comment if I see something I really love, but to be honest there is so much incredible work from so many talented people on here you would have to have a lot more time than I have available to keep commenting.

A huge community is always going to produce wonderfully diverse points of view. By being a member my opinion is that we need to remember that there are 3 sides to every story - yours, theres and the truth of the matter

There is so much tragedy and misery in the world - cant we keep UKS for the sheer joy and fun I thought it was meant to be?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)
    omg
    FFs get a grip- in a community of nearly 12000 members, many of whom upload regularly, can you imagine how fast the galleries move? Particularly on a cyber crop weekend?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (85)
    Monica I am both a scrapbooker and a card maker, but on this site I am a scrapbooker only. My card making doesn't actually need a forum as i get enough satisfaction just by giving my cards. I don't 'need' anyone to give me feedback or encouragement. If you really feel you are not getting the support you need on this site then maybe you should see if your needs can be met elsewhere.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    There is so much tragedy and misery in the world - cant we keep UKS for the sheer joy and fun I thought it was meant to be?
    Here, Here well said

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    One of the reasons I rarely go onto Docrafts now is that you get a lot of this sort of personal,immature argumentative stuff.
    It's best ignored really. You do also get a lot more personal stuff posted in amongst the craft stuff there- whereas here we do try to keep the main form for craft issues.

It's horses for courses,and I generarally come on here for craft inspiration etc- yes there is support on here as well but the mods do try to keep the general forum for scrapping which is what makes it so good-it does exactly what it says on the tin.
    Last edited by Sue Bradley; 26-11-2006 at 07:55 PM.
    Life is 10% what happens to you,and 90% how you react to it.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (30)
    Perhaps we could all just take a step back and leave well alone and let Monica see what a caring and considerate lot we are

We are mostly here to share our work and ideas, and be a supportive community to one another, it will take someone new a little while to get used to our ways

Hopefully Monica, you'll see that we are do care about each other and compliment on our works - this area of UKS is relatively new and we are just building up the collection of cards here in this forum
    Janice