Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cards

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Quote Originally Posted by Josieanne
    ... My card making doesn't actually need a forum as i get enough satisfaction just by giving my cards. I don't 'need' anyone to give me feedback or encouragement. ...
    Josieanne, I entirely agree, I am happy too with my style of cardmaking and don't need anyone to "approve" it for me.

But I have come across people on other forums whose only contribution is to announce at regular intervals that they've uploaded a new batch of cards to their gallery, photbucket, or whatever, and then wait for all the attention. I think this is really sad, and they do miss out on so much by not making any other attempt to join in.

However, I do believe that it's useful to share our work online as a record of what we've done, and of different techniques that we've used; this can act as a source of new ideas for other people, to widen horizons, and perhaps even inspire, and if it sparks something in them that gives cause for comment, then that's really just the gilding on the lily!

Rosemary

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (85)
    However, I do believe that it's useful to share our work online as a record of what we've done, and of different techniques that we've used; this can act as a source of new ideas for other people, to widen horizons, and perhaps even inspire,
    To be honest I never think of my cards inspiring anyone as I am mainly a stamper where cards are conserned, I did upload a few when the card making forum started but i don't really think of UKS in terms of cardmaking. I don't tend to cross over techniques between card making and scrapping, they are two differnet things for me. Stamping for cards, and die cutting for scrapping.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (52)
    Quote Originally Posted by mpjq7777
    Hi All...
    I am Not Asking for comments for myself personally...I realy do appreciate what you are saying, but looking through cardmaking in general..It does appear to be lacking in "Encouragement"""...!!!Thanks for your reply's ...And Please Do Not Leave Any Comment For My Gallery Out Of Pity...Monica xx
    You can tell on someone's profile in the gallery how many comments THEY have left for other people. I see you have left 9. That is less than the comments you have received.

The phrase *do unto others* springs to mind!
    A Bowl of Cherries - My personal blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (23)
    Hi.....Yes I agree that I have only been on this site for a month........but I have also looked at the majority of uploads and left Positive remarks where (In my very humble opinion) deserving...credit where credit is due!!!!That's my motto!!! sincerely Monica xx
    bet you havent looked at the majority of uploads this weekend!

I leave comments as and when I can but I pretty much dont have the time or energy to be able to leave all the comments of things I'd like to. And personally, I dont often look in the card section because I started as a card maker and sold them for a while and made that many that I just dont like cards anymore!

It's all very well saying credit where credit is due but it would take so long to go through the whole gallery and give everyone credit that I'm pretty sure it cant be done...definetly not in a day!

I think the best thing would be for you give yourself a bit more time on this forum to find out what it's all about and bear in mind that it is predominatly a scrapbooking forum so I would expect quite a few people to not be interested in card making.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)

Exclamation Thougth I would just post

not to inflame but to educate. i joined this site in August, I was going through a rough patch with my husband and went to visit my sister, she introduced me to scrapbooking and this site. On the 16th August my Husband walked out on me. now alot of people here that know me will probably be shocked as it isn't a thing I have shared with the whole site.

I have to say UKS has been my rock in what has been a very difficult and trying time. i don't come on here to bring my problems i come on here to get away from them.

If you gave us time you would see there are people from all walks of life who also are going through problems i.e. cancer, emotional problems, health problems but because you don't know us you don't know this.

I also make cards have been doing for years but I joined this site for scrapbooking hence the title of the website, yes i come on the cards thread(which is new) from time to time, but there are other sites that concentrate on cards. Yes we could all be educated about leaving comments in the gallery I try do a gallery day during the week where I try leave feedback but I never expect it and i don't think none of us do.

I am alone with my 2 boys and UKS has become the family I need right now. I love coming on here and the people have gven me so much confidence and encouragement so now I feel I have expanded and grown with my new hobby.

I do hope you will take the time to get to know us and not be critical of us.

I wish you well on UKS.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (67)
    Ellie .. you have just summed up the whole spirit of UKS - well done !

I know you haven't asked for it, but I do hope you and your boys continue to grow and develop into the new phase of your life. Hugs to you all xxxx

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Quote Originally Posted by Josieanne
    To be honest I never think of my cards inspiring anyone as I am mainly a stamper where cards are conserned, I did upload a few when the card making forum started but i don't really think of UKS in terms of cardmaking. I don't tend to cross over techniques between card making and scrapping, they are two differnet things for me. Stamping for cards, and die cutting for scrapping.
    I wasn't particularly thinking of UKS for card galleries - it was more of a general observation; I must admit I was surprised when I found the cardmaking forum.

I've used all sorts of paper crafting techniques on cards - I don't do scrapbooking, I use UKS for Craft Robo info - so it doesn't bother me to use occasional die cuts for cards - or other things (e.g. bags & boxes) for that matter! And I have seen some inspirational stamping, perhaps not necessarily my thing, but they have made me go WOW! And certainly widenend my horizons...

Rosemary

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Upset and bloomin' annoyed!

... I Do Belong To DoCrafts Site Also...(Which is a close knit Family Site...Which One Of Our Members Is Realy Going Through It With Her Daughter....Breast Cancer Free For 5 Years and Now 7 Years On it's Worse Than Ever...We Are All Supporting Her Through Her Last Hours With Her Beautiful Daughter)...Which Reading From Your Replys.....You Would All Do The Same.....
    PARDON ME!
    Why did you feel the need to put this to justify your behaviour?
    I'm sorry, but I'm riled by this comment. There's a time and place for such things - it's not a competition to find who can "confidently" display their emotions. I'm v. p'd off, especially in light of "DRAMATISING" such situations. PLEASE! I'm not usually so explosive, but this emotive issue has nothing to do with gaining comments on sodding cards or work - why bring it into this conversation?

Also, I'd rather a guardian angel to guard dogs - much less agressive!

I really don't know where you find the energy to write negative threads - live life "singing" not finding the faults and darkness! Nobody said it would be easy but you get on with it to make the most of every experience, happy or sad! Enrich it with some bloomin' happiness, celebrate life! We've all loved and lost, but without that love there's nothing - why concentrate on 'departure' and think of the living days.

In my capacity for forgiveness - Bless You!