Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (106)
    I tried to figure out a cutting pattern before I saw the example..... I got to 8 layers, but they'd done it in 5 -- and I can't help feeling that 5 is plenty deep enough, even if I do only have to pop it through a door rather than in the post

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not so sure! Julie-Ann's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    I know I have a sheet for that one as I've done it several times, it's beautiful. But if you want I can send you a copy of the cutting guide as they can sometimes be a bit daunting if you've never done one before.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    8 layers !! you'll need a box not an envelope LOL !
    Lyn

View Gallery

While you're at it do another 8 layered one then stick them back to back hey presto a dangly thing for christmas

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    oooh yes I did a few like that for the shop christmas tree last year, they looked great, I'd forgotten about them
    Lyn

View Gallery

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by _LynM
    oooh yes I did a few like that for the shop christmas tree last year, they looked great, I'd forgotten about them

Yes, we did the sm snowflake and sm poinsettia last year and they looked fabby. Gonna do the baubly style ones this year time allowing.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by cw18
    So I've finally got a medallion stamp, glue and glitters.....

tried to stamp it (using Stazon) onto the one and only sheet of acetate I own, and it's messed up the acetate completely -- stamp kept sliding, and won't clean to clear

Having had a dig, the only other possible replacement for the acetate I've found is some Inkjet Transparencies (and heaven knows where they came from!! probably a desk/cupboard clearout at work, when they always tell us to bin everything!)

Don't know whether this will work or not, especially as one side is textured (but looks clear when held to light). Which side do you think I should try stamping on?

I'm pretty certain I had a magazine ages ago with some instructions, but I can't find it. I don't even know whether I glue/glitter on the inked side or the reverse?

So does anyone know where I can find instructions for making one of these on-line????

Need to get the card made for Saturday, so may have to come up with something totally different if I can't get going on this tomorrow morning
    hi i have posted this on another thread.when you stamp on acetate and make a mistake, if you use stazon cleaner on a piece of kitchen roll, it will take the ink off(it has to be normal acetate not one for printing) hope this helps

View Gallery

Thanks

Will remember that for the future -- but making sure my Stazon remover is actually stored with with Stazon pads might help too

No animals were injured in the making of this picture! JenniF's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    Don't worry about having too many layers, I quite like them with a lot and I actually have made boxes to put mine in! Mind you with the new postal charges I think I 'll be doing flatter ones in future!
    As for stamping on acetate, I'm lucky and get mine from work but I have been known to have to stamp about 10 images before I got one which was usable! I found that using a stamping mat helped me as one of my problems was that the images weren't even, however practice definetly is what you need!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Ok, now I am absolutely positive I saw Jane Nesterenko use an anti static cloth on a piece of acetate. She brushed baby powder on the acetate. You then stamp the image and use the anti static cloth to take of the excess powder. I love making these cards - it was me doing lots of them that got my friends into cardmaking!

View Gallery

oooooo.... I have an anti static bag for when I do embossing! wonder if using that'd work? have tried applying glue (and glitter) to the first layer, and have stray bits all over it !!! am going to wait until it dries properly, and then use a paint brush to try and get the worst off

BIGGEST CHOCOLATE FAN!!!!!! SJK's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie - Ann
    Yes, we did the sm snowflake and sm poinsettia last year and they looked fabby. Gonna do the baubly style ones this year time allowing.

wow the snowflake one sounds great do u have a picture?

we made the decorations last christmas at a class and stuck the 2 medalions together

whats stickles???

sj xx

View Gallery

it's like glitter glue, but so much better --- bought some a year ago after hearing about them, and now I keep adding new colours to my stash.

I'm sure a number of sponsors will them, but the ones at Cre8tive Online are here

View Gallery

We have them here, actually all the colours arnt shown. Oh well thats another job for today, and I think the price has come down. Blimey who keeps this web site up to date, think a kick up the bums whats needed.