Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper Madame Cholet's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)

Question Ideas for card for 13 yr old boy

Help .... my godson will be 13 next week and I need some ideas for a card for him. Can anybody give me some inspiration please?

Thank you

Helen

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Hi there Helen
    My daughter turned 13 last week and I copied the front cover of her favourite CD and some of the word from inside and built a card around that using lettering that said "Hannah is 13"
    Hope this is of some help.
    Sharon
    Sharon
    CTM DT Circle Journal

View Gallery

Ooohh Sharon brill idea - thanks. I know he's into the Red Hot Chilli Peppers -so off to do some surfing to see what I can come up with.

Thanks
    Helen

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    Does he like football? I did one once with a football shirt cut out of card and painted in his team colours. I used peeloff (yes I know - sorry) letters to spell his name and the number for his age on the shirt. I printed a newspaper style headline saying something like " Johnson scores hat trick in dramatic victory" You get the idea. I also made some very cute footie boots out of shrink plastic and hung them off on thick thread laces.

View Gallery

Trisha, thanks that's another great idea. I don't think he's particularly into football but my other godson and my nephew are, so I'll use that idea for their birthdays too!

Keep the ideas coming please girls ... I have 4 nephews and several godsons and have never made them cards before (hope it's not too uncool )

Thanks again

Dedicated Scrapper cindersmcphee's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    My nephew is a big fan of cars for His birthday I got sport car and did raised decoupage effect and then get lettering and made a number plate with his name on front of car.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    I've just done one for my 12 year old 2nd cousin - I did two game controllers (a la quickutz die cuts) leading to a TV with the words happy birthday on it.

I've also got a couple of rubber stamps with boys with hoodies on them - very handy for a teenager.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Claire xxx
    Braving it by adding my (boring) blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    I di one for my son (13 or 14 at the time) that said on it "Happy Birthday Funny Face" and had six pics of him pulling faces. If it's a child of whom you have several photos over the years and can never get a good one, this is ideal! He loved it!

Loving CherryArte's Arcade Collection JemCraft's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    I think as he's 13, you could use most of the older male themed embellishments -Racing Cars, Football,sport, surfing, etc. but team them with funky colours and patterns to give your card a more teenage and energetic feel.

If you don't know what he likes, try some bold blocks of funky colours or stripes, mixed with lettering or the number 13.

(I never thought I use the words energetic and teenager in the same sentence!)
    [FONT="Arial"]Jemma x