Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I wish i had more hours in the day elaineb's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    I buy my inserts from a local paper place and they usually measure (for a C6 card) 14cm x 20.4cm - this helps as I set the template up to the size and also custom set the paper for printing.
    LOL

Elaine

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    i make mine so that they will fold inside a card but I've only made them to fit inside A5 size cards. Never thought about saving the templates though how stupid am I? I just go to page set up turn the page to landscape and adjust the margins accordingly. I then look at the page at say 50% so I can see on screen if it's central.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (30)
    Quote Originally Posted by kellybevan
    Never thought about saving the templates though how stupid am I?
    Sorry Kelly but this made me roll up laughing!!! This is typically the sort of thing I do - I have a big post it note across the top of my screen - DO YOU NEED TO SAVE????

:d
    Janice

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    Hi everyone - I have this fantastic job which is teaching greeting cards on the computer(we use hand stuff as well) and I use a programme called Creatacard which is really simple and produces excellent results - the beauty of it is that you are able to print your inserts separately and if you use the outside of the card as an insert then you can print 2 at the same time - you are able to choose the size too, however I usually use the A5 as it looks such a good size card, you can also insert a graphic from the library too.

Removed non sponsor sales details.
    Last edited by Janice; 14-10-2006 at 03:23 PM.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    I've written out some more detailed instructions on how to do cards and inserts on Word. If anything isn't clear, please pm me.

Instruction for printing inserts and cards using Word

The method is the same for cards or inserts.

1. Open up Word and select File – New - Blank document.
    You should now have a plain white rectangle on your screen, representing a sheet of A4. You need to change this rectangle to the size of your card or insert.
    2. Select File – Page setup. The margins window should now be displayed. Go down the whole list of margins and change everything to 0 cm, including the header and footer.
    3. Now select the Page size tab in this same Page set up window. Change the page orientation to landscape. There is a Paper size box with A4 in it. Immediately to the right of this, there is a scroll bar. Scroll all the way down until you see Custom. Select Custom. You are now able to enter the exact dimensions of your card or insert, so for example, if I was making a 14cm square card, I would enter 28cm for the width and 14cm for the height. If I were making an insert for that same card, I’d enter 27cm and 13cm.
    4. After making all these changes in the Page Set up box, click OK, and you will return to your blank document, which should look like a plain sheet of paper, the same dimensions as your opened out card or insert. TIP: you may find it easier to change your view to 75% or smaller so you can see your entire page on the screen. The button is on your tool bar at the top (mine is under the Help button) and will probably say 100%. Now you need to divide your page into two equal columns.
    5. Select Format – columns. Make the number of columns 2, and the space between them 0 cm. Click OK and you will go back to your page, now divided equally in two.
    6. You can now enter the text wherever you want it. For perfectly centred text, use the text alignment buttons on your tool bar. For inserts, move the cursor over to the right column by pressing enter a few times and centre your text.
    7. Save this document!
    8. Make sure your insert or card is cut to the size you have specified in your document and print.

I have set up lots of templates for the many different card sizes and inserts I use. To make a template, go to File – New and in the bottom right corner you can see create new document or template. Select template. Proceed with making your document exactly as before, but this time when you select Save, your document will be saved to the templates section of Word. Next time you select File – New, it will appear in that section for you to quickly select. You can very easily build up a whole range of templates eg, A6 card, A6 insert, 15cm card etc.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (44)
    Oh thanks for this i will have a go in the morning

whatever you want CJ - the challenge
    March - 3 CJ entry SLO-3 DLO-1 and made a small album 8x8 10 pages also made a cj

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    I have a DTP program (Serif page Plus) which I bought years ago to make cards for fundraising, and now also use it for making my inserts, and have various templates set up on this. I usually precut my A4 paper to A5 before I print (unless I'm in batch processing mode ), and for DL and square cards will have a couple of tiny marks set up to print to use as guides when I crop my paper to size. I used to have some custom paper sizes set on my old printer but haven't got round to doing this on my current one! I like to use text and graphics on my inserts, and use font colours to match the card. I often use pale toning paper instead of plain old white: pastel vellum is very pretty to use.

The process of setting up templates is very similar to Annette's instructions for Word. Some versions of MS Office come with Publisher (another DTP program) - it would be worth checking if you have this included with your package.

Rosemary

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Hi,
    I do 2 text boxes, one above the other right along the right side of the page. Set them to size 14.85 high and 10.5 wide. Set line and fill to nothing. Type in your message and centre it.
    For A4, page to landscape, text box 21 high 14.85 wide along right edge, line and fill as before. Type in text and centre.
    Easy.

I've attached some I did for my parents. Hope they help

Erika
    Attached Files Attached Files