Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by nina1931
    Hi Kathie

When cutting directly from Illustrator do you have problems in placing the designs exactly where you want it to cut. Even if I have something in the middle of the page in landscape it cuts bottom left - really close to edge and I sometime want it away from the edge, particularly away from the rollers. I am probably doing something wrong!

Thanks for any help you can give.
    Hi Nina

No I don't think you are doing anything wrong, cos mine cuts the same too (unless we're both doing it wrong lol!) I don't think there is any way you can change this. I think the only thing you can do is to manually position the cutting - when you select the craft robo to cut, use the arrow keys to move it to where you want it to start cutting on your page, then press the "set origin" button. It will then cut where you want it to, rather than at the bottom left edge. I use this a lot, sometimes just to move it slightly away from the rollers, othertimes I use it when I am using up scraps of card.

Kathie

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    You can use the 'Set Origin' option to choose where you want it to cut, there is a small tutorial to learn how it works and what you can do with it, perhaps this will solve your problem.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by nina1931
    Hi Kathie

When cutting directly from Illustrator do you have problems in placing the designs exactly where you want it to cut. Even if I have something in the middle of the page in landscape it cuts bottom left - really close to edge and I sometime want it away from the edge, particularly away from the rollers. I am probably doing something wrong!

Thanks for any help you can give.
    Do you always create registarion marks even if you are not going to use them ? if you do this first then it will always cut where it appears on screen

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    Do you always create registarion marks even if you are not going to use them ? if you do this first then it will always cut where it appears on screen
    I just love this forum, I am finding out something new everyday. I didn't know that, mind you I haven't even used registration marks at all yet.

Kathie

View Gallery

You only need registration marks if you want to do a print and cut.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille
    You only need registration marks if you want to do a print and cut.
    If you put them on in Illustrator and then do not search for them when you go to cut it will still work but where it appears on screen is exaclty where it will cut out on the paper

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Ooh lots of luverly tips - thank you so much- have kept a note of everything!
    Susibi

View Gallery

Hi

When you cut from Illustrator with the cutting master , there are four tabs - the first tab is set out so you can first select the size of your media, usually A4. Second set of controls lets you scale the image to fit media or otherwise and the next set of controls you come to moving down the page has a Position setting for moving the image you're cutting - click the up and down arrows to move it or drag - you'll see the image move in the display panel on the right. This lets you see where the image will cut on the paper and you can change the orientation by clicking on the icon of the little man - there is a drop-down list with different options.

This is all from the first tab, btw, it just has these different sets of controls.

Hope this helps

Helen x
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by heleno; 23-02-2008 at 12:28 PM.

Which version of Cutting Master would I need for Illustrator? I downloaded one before from the Crafty club website but when I installed it I couldn't get it to work on Illustrator 10 or CS. The version I have is Cutting Master2 for Craft robo version 120. I have the newer robo and Windows XP.

Just been and tried to download the version for XP but unable to - not sure if it's because of the work going on on th site or if it's no longer available - even though it's still on there and clickable.

Jan

View Gallery

Hi Jan,

I use Cutting Master 2, version 1.30 available from graphtecamerica.com
    (I'd send you the url but the system won't let me post a URL until I've been a member of this forum for 30 days - bit odd cos I joined last October! Remember to put the ww... at the front of the graphtec address... ) which works with Illustrator 10 to CS3 - you have CS which is version 11 so should be compatible.

It's a free download - I hope this sorts your problem out and you can get cutting!

Hel x

View Gallery

it's the number of posts you have made that is connected to whether or not you can post URL's

It's to try and stop people who are spammers from coming here and posting loads of links and then disappeargin
    Ramblings of a Robo Rebel

Forever Memories For You for all you Robo needs

[/FONT]3, That's the magic number. Yes it is, It's the magic number .

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Just click and drag the graphic where you want it to cut. There's also a button which will show you exactly where you will cut by having the cutting head "draw" a rectangle around the cutting area. It is a red rectangle with a pencil and is the second from the left under the vertical position box.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    You can use the 'Set Origin' option to choose where you want it to cut, there is a small tutorial to learn how it works and what you can do with it, perhaps this will solve your problem.
    Is that tutorial for cutting in Illustrator? could someone please point me to it!!
    - Ana de Roux

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Changing GSD files

I thought I had an easy solution to converting the GSD files. I am new to this and have been playing around with different file types and downloaded a .GSD file which I couldn't open. I opened it in Microsoft Picture editor which gave the option to save as a .jpg which I did and then it opened perfectly in Inkscape (I don't have Illustrator). I then saved it as a .svg for using with Sure Cuts a Lot software but then although I could open the file I couldn't view it!

Sheila

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by anaderoux View Post
    Is that tutorial for cutting in Illustrator? could someone please point me to it!!

No this tutorial is for the CR software.