Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    there was a new card making mag advertised in Crafts Beautiful and Quick&Crafty...I think it comes out Fri or Sat, and it's called Lets Make Cards.

living life page by page... kate2962's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (28)
    I have lets make cards and it is fab - all the stuff you get with it to make cards with is fab I soon made the 10 cards they give you and there is lots of stuff left over

Dedicated Scrapper Sharon Betts's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    Hmm I didn't rate lets make cards that highly. No new ideas or ways of thinking/inspiration. You did get lots of stuff though, but probably wasn't really all to my taste, alot of money I felt. I won't be getting it again. Plus my dvd was missing, so had to call and get one sent to me. Haven't seen that yet, so that might be interesting.
    But each to their own - if we didn't all like different things, life would be boring!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (106)
    not seen that mag yet -- will have to have a look when I go out later this morning!! is it available in most stores that stock craft mags, or is it another with limited availability?

AKA Scrapgoddess Alyssa and SweetpeaNut mummygina's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    I got my copy of 'Lets Make Cards' last week from my local Tesco's. I thought the mag was ok, but nothing really special, but the 'embellishments' are lovely. At £7.99 though it is quite expensive. not sure if i'll get the next one
    Started WW Online Friday 11/01/08- 11st 10lbs.
    Week 1=-4.5lbs

Tempting you with templates!
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    There were only the Craft Creations and Making Cards mag around when I first got interested in cardmaking, and it was lovely to see more publications hitting the shelves. However, a lot of them now are very similar, if you saw one open you'd struggle to know which mag it was. I don't think any of them beat the American Paper Crafts mag for card ideas and inspiration. The Stampington ones are great to look at for different techniques. The UK has yet to get a mag that developes into the league of these magazines IMO, although I thought the Complete Card Making Handbook by Practical Publishing was good value for money and a nice balance between inspiration and instruction.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    i've got some 'quick cards made easy' mags. if anyone wants them for 75pence each plus postage let me know.

the issues are sept 04,oct 04,
    march,april,june,july, and august 2006.

some with freebies inside, flicked through once, as new.

View Gallery

didn't see in a local craft store or Asda today -- nor WHSmiths this last Tuesday

I've not seen 'Let's Make Cards' anywhere either - can someone post a pic so i know what i'm looking for?

View Gallery

I found it in Tesco last Sunday -- and funnily enough I've only seen it in our local one which is a smaller branch (but not a Metro). Been to 2 Extras and not seen it in either of them.

I'm packing it to take while I'm babysitting overnight tonight, but don't think I'll be bothering with it again.....

Is it just me, or do the majority of cards in the magazine need you t buy more of the toppers and such which actually came with it
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Cheryl They've definitely not got it in either of the Tescos here - will check out WHSmiths again on Monday.

View Gallery

My local hobbycraft had copies of lets make cards. Or perhaps you could order just one from the web site?

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    you can order it off the website, letsmakecards.com but you can't buy more packs of the embellishments!

View Gallery

Bit irratating if you can't get the embelishments to top up your own supplies - as I did quite like some of the embelishments, but no supplier list.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    Another one to maybe try is CCMI (Creative Cardmaking Ideas). This magazine has a new editor, Natalie O'Shea, who used to work as assistant editor for Simply cards and Papercraft mag. She has only been there for two issues, and I think the December issue will be the one where she has been able to put more of her own ideas into practise. (out around the 16 of this month if I remember correctly)

This mag feautures some of the Simply Cards & papercraft designers (as most designers freelance, they are not bound to one magazine), as well as other well known names like Sue Roddis (I love her stuff). Best of all, you can try before you buy with their fully fledged online magazine (totally free - I am still amazed they do this, along with Creative scrapbooking). Anyway, if you go to mycardmaking.co.uk and then click on iMag, you can click on the latest issue as well as a whole load of back issues to view.

Best to view with broadband, as I know some people have said the pages are slow to load with dial up.

edited to say, Natalie used to also be editor for The Scrapbook Mag.