Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Slave to the stamp industry! KittyF's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    I wold def say Quick Cards Made Easy, Beatutiful Cards & Cardmaking & Paercrafts - All top

Love Beautiful cards as its mainly projects rather than tons of adverts!

Thanks everyone I'm going to go into Smiths tomorrow ( was going to wait til the weekend but realised dh would be home then ) and have a good look at them all. For pure research reasons i fear i may have to buy a few, just to make sure i get 1 or 2 i like

I'm not a complete idiot; some parts are missing! Jimjams's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    Like Josieanne I have just about given up on Craft Stamper - one more issue left of my 2-year subscription - IMHO it has rather gone off the boil and it is a longtime since I did anything with the free stamp. Having said that, I did quite like this month's issue
    Simply Stamping is rather too "altered" for my taste (feel like a traitor as I have been published in it!) although I love the Take 5 articles where 5 different people use the same stamp and I had high hopes for the 2 months between issues ... would give me time to try out the ideas - only most of them aren't really my style.
    Simply Cards and Papercraft, a sister mag to Simply Stamping is pretty inspiring and I may sub to that next, or, having discovered scrapbooking, I may pick a scrap-mag instead
    Jemma
    ScrappyCat

Holiday Bus Hufflepuff ♥Hearts♥ •CSI• »Lions« ~~Ships~~ ♫ Jingle Belles ♫ ►Explorers◄
    SLYMI: 47/52....My blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (58)
    Hmmm, I gave up many of my mag subscriptions that past 2 years but I'm back to the land of the living! these are the ones I will buy every now and then - it really just depends on the issue:

from CK publishers:
    Card Creations
    Paper Crafts Magazine

from Paper Trends publishers : ( I actually subscribe but an horribly unsatisfied with their service!)
    paper Trends
    Cards

from Stampington publishers: (love these the best!!)
    Stampington Inspirations
    Take 10
    Catch Up Issues
    Stampler Sampler - this one I buy consistently

DON'T LIKE:
    RubberStampMadness - too many advertisements for the money and I dont' particularly like the art displayed in the pages

Rubber Stamper - very good for beginners and too basic for me. Also, not enough meat (pictures) for the money

Looks like you girls have many more options in the UK.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (41)
    I don't but many card making mags anymore, but one i do buy regularly is simply cards and papercraft.
    I also get US card mags : card creations, papercrafts, take ten, and the catch up issues. Luckily a dear freind in the US sends me these mags on a regular basis and even bought me the whole set of catch up issues for my birthday last year
    I do Love the US papercrafts mags and always look to them first for inspiration when i need to make a card.

That said i must have a look at the special Christmas issue of beautiful cards
    niki
    I wouldn't change you for the world, but I would happily change the world for you. Nicola Girdlestone(1966-)my flicker
    My scrap blog

I'm not a complete idiot; some parts are missing! Jimjams's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ching
    ... from Stampington publishers: (love these the best!!)
    Stampington Inspirations
    Take 10
    Catch Up Issues
    Stampler Sampler - this one I buy consistently ...
    Forgot about these - a friend lends them to me and they are chock full of ideas - and if you card-lift an idea, not everyone else in the UK will have seen it
    Jemma
    ScrappyCat

Holiday Bus Hufflepuff ♥Hearts♥ •CSI• »Lions« ~~Ships~~ ♫ Jingle Belles ♫ ►Explorers◄
    SLYMI: 47/52....My blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (58)
    lol..aha!! but Jemma, I'll know your secret!! j/k

that is lovely of your friend to share with you.

AKA Scrapgoddess Alyssa and SweetpeaNut mummygina's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    I love all my card making magazines, but if i had to recommend a few i would definetly recommend these:

Quick Cards made Easy
    Simply Cards and Papercraft
    Cardmaking and Papercraft

Good luck with your decisions. if you are anything like me, you'll probably end up getting them all LOL
    Started WW Online Friday 11/01/08- 11st 10lbs.
    Week 1=-4.5lbs

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (30)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ching

from Paper Trends publishers : ( I actually subscribe but an horribly unsatisfied with their service!)
    paper Trends
    Cards
    I absolutely love their card mag - its more like a book and I am waiting to see if I can subscribe from here
    Janice

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    I have to say Quick & Crafty - it has LOADS of cardmaking ideas in every month even though it is not a "dedicated" card making mag it always has very up to date funky colourful designs in it, most of which are created using scrapping stuff. The latest issue - out tomorrow has a fab selection of Xmas card projects in it.

I would also say that cos I am in it every month!!! Horrible wanton self promotion.................apologies

Quote Originally Posted by sam c
    I have to say Quick & Crafty - it has LOADS of cardmaking ideas in every month even though it is not a "dedicated" card making mag it always has very up to date funky colourful designs in it, most of which are created using scrapping stuff. The latest issue - out tomorrow has a fab selection of Xmas card projects in it.

I would also say that cos I am in it every month!!! Horrible wanton self promotion.................apologies
    No apologies needed! I went to Smiths and picked up a big stack - i think i came home with about 7 mags Going to peruse them tonight and maybe pick a couple to try again!

Any ideas on how i can get hold of any of the American mags?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (33)
    Artbase sell some and Papermaze I think

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    I have just subscribed to Crafts Beautiful, as I always buy it and it is cheaper to sub to it.
    Other than that, I try to only buy one other magazine... but it is difficult to keep to that! Luckily I think that women's magazines in the UK are really crap! That saves me a lot of money!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I love Quick&Crafty...but I like to make jewellery as well as cards so it suits me down to the ground...for card making only, I think my fave is papercraft inspirations

Well, after all your fab help and some exhaustive research - hard work buying all these mags to try! - i've decided to subscribe to Papercraft Inspirations and my newsagent is going to reserve me Simply Cards & Papermaking for a few issues.

Thank you all