Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Acetate

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I gently let the stamp rest on the acetate with almost a little drop down (the crucial bit) and then stand over it, leaning on the stamp firmly but straight down so it doesn't slide. Then I pull it off, holding onto the acetate as I do so. Practice makes perfect.

Diehard UKScrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (19)
    I always "weigh" down my acetate with a heavy book when stamping

Newbie Scrapper and Daring Cardmaker
    View Gallery

Ive had no luck at all with normal acetate but inkjet acetate has a rougher side thats the side to print on and thats just so much easier to stamp on

View Gallery

When you stamp on acetate, you need to put the stamp down gently but firmly, then lift it cleanly, straight up. It's a knack - and it comes with practice. Whatever you do, don't rock the stamp at all - it's a straight down and then up job Then be patient - leave it to dry. You don't need to heat set unless you NEED to use it immediately - if you do, then heat set with your heat tool - FROM A DISTANCE - , but ONLY if you're using thermal (photocopier or laser) acetate - anything else will melt - but even the thermal stuff will buckle if you hold the heat tool too close or heat for too long! It really is very easy once you get the hang of it.

Alternatively, you can stamp on the card/paper behind the acetate (colour the acetate with alcohol inks if you like) and place the acetate over the top - quick cheat