Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Make EVERY day your new blank canvas cantstopstampin's Avatar
    No longer in my little village, still in Staffs, but I AM happy !
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    is this the one that was demo'd on TV yesterday - I thought it looked fab, but very pricey but I now want one, OMG I will have to turn TV OFF, walk past shops with my eyes closed etc etc.

Gill.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (89)

Stamps

Hi,
    Used up all the first lot of pacs and not one good stamp..Manufacturers sent replacements!..don't think the negative was black enough...what printers are people using? just got a new Epson RX 700 so will have another go!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (27)
    epson printers are tricky on getting a dark enough transparency. I have an epson and really struggled. It must be set on black ink only in advanced settings, on mine it won;t let you do that for transparency so have to go to advanced in another paper setting then save it , then change to transparency.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (89)

Complicated

Hi,
    Got the new printer especially for doing the stamp thing!...tried with a Cannon but no joy...Kittenglitter suggested doing it in the dark!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    Hi all...

Just wanted to let you know that I used an epson 830 and have no problems at all with the transparencies..

I set mine to print black only, best photo, and normal paper..

Even though it states use transparency settings this does not always lay enough ink on the film.. so paper settings sometimes work better..

I now have an epson r265 but have not tried it yet.. as soon as I do I will let you know how it goes..

PS.. Kittenglitter is correct.. it is recommended to keep your room as dark as possible.. although, I have used the kit, infront of my living room window with my curtains closed and still had a perfect stamp..

If anyone would like my hints and tips sheet posting out to them, please feel free to PM me with your home addy..

HTH
    Nikki
    Last edited by renniwano; 23-06-2007 at 11:39 PM. Reason: missed a whole sentence... duh!!!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (27)
    Please let me know how it goes with teh 265 Nikki as this is what I have now and haven't done a stamp using it yet.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    i want one
    Smeepee xoxo

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)
    That's one of the reasons why I haven't bought the Imagepac kit yet is because I have an Epson printer and I know some people have had problems because of this. If you can tell us when you've tried using your epson Nikki that would be great, because I really want the Imagepac kit. Thanks, B

View Gallery

I would just like to comment that even though many have stated that Epson printers do not produce sufficient negatives.. we have to remember that not everyone uses the same inks, settings and thinks about the age of the printer.. Others, including myself have used Epson printers in a variety of models and have had no issues at all..

Nikki

View Gallery

Owl...

I made a negative using my R265 and found the following settings were the best... although still yet to make a stamp using the negative..

Epson Ultra Glossy Paper
    Best Photo
    Greyscale (as there is no black ink only)

Edge smoothing - advanced settings
    Fine - advanced settings
    Photo RPM - advanced settings

As soon as I have made a stamp with this negative, I will let you know how it comes out..

Nikki

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (30)
    Can I ask if any of you made stamps from your photographs? Thats what I am really interested in this kit for. Would you recommend it for that?

View Gallery

Hi All..

Please feel free to take a look at the picture I have uploaded in my gallery that has been turned into a stamp, from a photo I had of my brothers cats..

Anymore questions, please feel free to PM me..

Nikki

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    I have an Epson 1290 and haven't had any problems. My printer driver has an Ink Jet back light film as one of the option under paper setting and it prints perfectly black. This setting also print in mirror image automatically. But I also use Epson ink rather than compatible.

When I make the stamp, I always work in a darken room...not pitch black like a dark room but with the curtain drawn.

Of course, you can always get Nikki to make you the negatives as her shop does this.

Ifa

View Gallery

Thankyou for that Ifa... yes we do provide a negative making service... all details are on the website..

Nikki

View Gallery

As the gallery is closed for maintainance... if you PM me your email addy I will email you the picture instead..

Nikki