Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Thread: Newbie here too

Well chop my legs off and call me a squatter.... Harrys_Gal's Avatar
    Somewhere over the Rainbow... unfortunately not anywhere near the pot of gold !!
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

rolling Newbie here too

Hi.. My names Kate ..I am 31 and from 'Sunny' Suffolk.

I live with my hubby to be..we will be tying the knot christmas this year!! (I can feel some LO's coming on already...ha ha) , also my two mad dogs, Jasper and Cloud and my 4 and half foot green lizard (Iguana) Ooly.

I have only recently got into scrapping in the last couple of months... I did make cards but found I either didn't want to give away my work or I had nobody to send my work too....My partners family is so large I didn't want to get into the scenario of sending everyone homemade cards and then they expecting it every time. Anyway I kept seeing scrapbooking in my magazines and thought I would give it a go...and I'm loving it !!!

I phoned a local crop class and popped down there last Wednesday....great bunch of people...really friendly and helpful....and a great way of learning new techniques and having fun with like minded people!!!

Well if you fancy a chat give us a PM.

Take care one and all and happy cropping

Kate xx

PS....Can't you tell I am new...haha...this wasn't meant to be here as a new thread....Sorry people !!
    Last edited by Harrys_Gal; 14-04-2006 at 11:38 AM.

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes - ART is knowing which ones to keep. Guinevere's Avatar
    Ellan Vannin - in a cottage in the fold of a hillside by the sea
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (18)
    Jusy popping by to say Hi and Welcome to UKS. Glad to see you're having fun already!
    Jennie xx
    My Blog

View Gallery

hi there, just saw your message and thought that i would say hello, i am in surrey, so miles away but it doesn't matter with the internet!. A christmas wedding - wow, i am sure it will be wonderful and you will be able to do lovely lay outs. yvette

Somewhere over the Rainbow... unfortunately not anywhere near the pot of gold !!
    View Gallery

Thank you for stopping and saying hello... These forums are a bit of a maze!!..Yes I am looking forward to doing my wedding LO's....Have already got certain pictures in mind that I would like.
    I don't know if it would work but I have also thought about having my evening guests sign names and wishes on either a huge paper table cloth or a book that I could cut up and scrap with their pictures....might be nice as a keep sake.....Would appreciate all your thoughts on this!!

Kate xx

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)
    Hi Kate

Nice to "meet" you!

Two dogs and an iguana! Lots of scrapping material there (oh and not forgetting hubby to be of course, lol).

What about getting guests to sign and comment on sheets of paper in a loose-leaf folder? That way you could easily remove pages as you wanted to use them but still keep the others looking nice. Hmmm ... you could also have different coloured sheets of paper and/or pens to give a bit more colour to the finished work. Just a thought!

Keep posting

Anne

Sprinkle a little happiness wherever you go Hils's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    Hi Kate
    Welcome to UKS Christmas wedding sounds fab and getting guests to sign something is a great idea You might want to have them do it on acid-free paper if you're planning to put it in your scrapbook with your wedding pix...
    Have fun!
    Hils

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (47)
    Hi Kate. There are lots of Suffolk scrappers around the boards, so no doubt they will make themselves known to you soon. Have fun!

View Gallery

Thanks everyone........Have taken on board your suggestions and will certainly keep those in mind.

Thanks

Kate xx