Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (48)

help with big shot!

got my new big shot today and having a play around with it(as you do )but when i put the thicker dies thiugh it,it sounds like the cutting plate is going to snap! is this normal? also i'm sure when i was asking about the big shot that some1 said you could put quickutz thiugh it,well i'm trying and it just ain't working i'm really dissapointed as this was one of the main reasons i got it-to be able to cut several letters at once!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (35)
    My plates sound like they are cracking when I put the thick cuts through it too and I have the replacement plates that are "more flexible"!

You can use Quickutz dies in it you just need to make the shim a bit thicker. I think a few people suggested putting a piece of funky foam or a couple of pieces of folded paper on top of the white block and the put the perspex sheet on top of that.

HTH
    Sarah

My two little munchkins sarahscards's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    Yes the cutting pads quite often do sound like they are cracking when you first use them but they should be fine. Let me know if you have any probs with them.

To use the QK dies in the Big Shot you need the adapter - I'm out of these at the moment but they are due in in approx. 2 - 3 weeks along with a lot of the other dies which are out of stock

In the meantime, as Bees says - experiment with using card as shims to build up the thickness of the die

Sarah xx

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (48)
    thanks for that girls
    sarah is it poss or you to let me know when you get the other dies and adapter in stock,i'd really like some of the long one's!!