Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Thread: Scrapbooks...

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)

rolling Scrapbooks...

Hi there...

Just wondered whether anyone out there actually made scrapbooks for other people and was paid for doing so?

Is there a market out there for this kind of activity?

Thanks, Helen

scrapping in the tropics, but my heart belongs in Wales arianwen's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    There is a market for it, in that people have said to me wow that's amazing, do you think you could do one for me etc,

but

How would you cost it, think of the cost of stash that goes into one album, plus your considerable time, only other crafters really appreciate the time and effort that goes into albums like these IMO, and to do the job properly, would make them prohibitably expensive. One of the few occasions that most people would pay a decent amount would be for a wedding album possibly, and even if you charged several hundred pounds, you won't ever really make a decent profit.

I am making an album for a friend ATM (for the cost of stash), but in reality am using a lot of my own stuff as well, and TBH not enjoying it as much as my LOs, as they are not my memories IYSWIM

I'd love to make a living out of scrapping though, will be watching this thread with interest

Just happy scrappin'! scrap-happy's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (18)
    TraceyJ does this - why not PM her? she's lovely and doesn't bite!
    Circle Of Friends CJ - i've got ... Wings - 2 to go!

Family History Fanatic. stillscrapping's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (23)
    I am commissioned for albums regularly. There is definately a call for this but a lot of advertising happens by word of mouth. I usually have at least one and occasionally two on the go at a time.

Pm me if you want any info.

Julie
    Julie.

Follow your arrow where ever it points

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    Thanks for the answer ) Anyone else got any tales??

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (64)
    not quite the same thing, but my SIL is asking me to do an album for my BIL's 40th B'day in August and I'm really not looking forward to doing it I've got to say. I don't have enough time and inspiration for my own, and I know I'll end up way out of pocket and also feel that it's 'not good enough' for anyone else.

Me and My Daddy..... 4kidsat147's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (35)
    Quote Originally Posted by dee slack
    not quite the same thing, but my SIL is asking me to do an album for my BIL's 40th B'day in August and I'm really not looking forward to doing it I've got to say. I don't have enough time and inspiration for my own, and I know I'll end up way out of pocket and also feel that it's 'not good enough' for anyone else.
    In that case how about buying a kit....for example I have a lovely SEI kit in stock that is quick and easy to do with page examples all the way through and everything you need apart from adhesive.

you can see the blokey one here

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I am doing one for a friend to see if I liked it, having heard lots of horror stories. I absolutly love it, it satisfies my nosey side and also I was running out my own photos to scrap and this has given me a new lease of life. Another friend has commissioned me to do an album in return for her making me a website. They are both pretty easy to please kind of people, and I have asked them lots o questions about what they like. I imagine it would be a different story if someone is hard to please and makes you re-do work or something.
    Be honest about what you can acheive, show them examples of your work and make sure they realise it will be in similar style etc.

Good luck
    Evie

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (18)
    I did an album for my friend as a wedding gift... must say I didn't enjoy doing it as much as I do doing my own The whole point of scrapbooking is to preserve your memories... it is difficult when trying to do other peoples memories