Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Thread: Advice Please

Must learn to say NO!! Wannabe Rebel's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (41)

Advice Please

Hi everyone - I run an original cricut, prior to owning this I was an original owner of one of the first craft robos.

I really only bought either of the machines to cut letters from my vast font collection on my computer.

Recently I have been experiencing some issues, blade drag, letters being rounded off rather than having nice sharp corners and now it will only cut three or four letters before it freezes or just bombs out completely.

I am using SCAL on a mac and after a lot of searching and some advice from SCAL users it appears I should have upgraded a very long time ago !!

So I have been doing some research and I am wondering about what cutting machine to upgrade to

SO I am appealing to your considerable expertise on here and asking for suggestions ?

thanks Louise

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I have a Silhouette Cameo and use the Designer Edition, of the software (lets you open SVGs too etc). Love it! Can cut all the True Fonts on my PC which is what you are after & so I can recommend this cutter to you.

Hope you find this helpful.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    It might be worth contacting Graphtec and asking if your old CR can be serviced and fixed, it your main concern is fonts for titles that size machine is all you need. There might still be some small machines for sale at Graphtec UK and there is a free version of the Studio software which is all you need, the designer edition as it is at the moment, in my opinion isn't really worth the money.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"