Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Studio 1.9.2

Loves playing with Studio BathBelle's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Studio 1.9.2

Following my difficulties of not being able to print with 1.9.1, I have just received the following from Silhouette

"Thank you for your continued patience. We have now created a new update to address the concern encountered with printing in V1.9.1 that was relayed. At your convenience, please update to the following version:

PC - http://www.silhouetteamerica.com/sup...dio_V1.9.2.exe
    Mac - http://www.silhouetteamerica.com/sup...dio_V1.9.2.dmg

Please report back after doing so if you continue to encounter any further concerns with either print and cut alignment or printing errors."

I have downloaded the pc version and it prints, haven't tried print and cut yet.

I assume anyone else can also download this version if they want to though I thinkI would proceed with caution. If you can't print with 1.9.1 try it but if you don't have any issues with 1.9.1 I would sit tight till you see if there any other problems with 1.9.2

Ruth
    Last edited by BathBelle; 13-09-2011 at 08:03 AM.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by BathBelle View Post
    Following my difficulties of not being able to print with 1.9.1, I have just received the following from Silhouette

"Thank you for your continued patience. We have now created a new update to address the concern encountered with printing in V1.9.1 that was relayed. At your convenience, please update to the following version:

Please report back after doing so if you continue to encounter any further concerns with either print and cut alignment or printing errors."

I have downloaded the pc version and it prints, haven't tried print and cut yet.

I assume anyone else can also download this version if they want to, don't know what other differences, if any, there are.

Ruth

Hi Ruth

Always a person to rise to a challenge, I tried out the New version above; I have the 1st generation Silhouette which is the second generation Craft Robo and this was the result.......Do I need to completely Uninstall all previous Studio software version off my PC for this version to work???

I have forward these results with the results of 1.5.0, 1.9.0 & 1.9.1 as well...Will post reply from the software team.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Angel13; 13-09-2011 at 05:56 AM.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    well,i downloaded that version.it printed ok,but the cut was way off. i have put it on black so you can see the white bits that were cut.
    ellen

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by mininova View Post
    well,i downloaded that version.it printed ok,but the cut was way off. i have put it on black so you can see the white bits that were cut.
    Ellen, to cover all angles did you place the original design on a black background to check that it doesn't have a white where it's shown in your screen shot?

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

View Gallery

I assume anyone else can also download this version if they want to though I thinkI would proceed with caution. If you can't print with 1.9.1 try it but if you don't have any issues with 1.9.1 I would sit tight till you see if there any other problems with 1.9.2

Ruth
    can you please tell me who i have to forward my print and cut to?
    ellen

View Gallery

You can send a copy of the file to this address support@silhouetteamerica.com;

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    Ellen, to cover all angles did you place the original design on a black background to check that it doesn't have a white where it's shown in your screen shot?
    i put it on the black card so that you could the white bits that were left behind when i cut the image out,they shouldnt be there.
    ellen

View Gallery

i put it on the black card so that you could the white bits that were left behind when i cut the image out,they shouldnt be there.
    What I meant was, if you draw a square and fill it with black, then drag the image on to it in Studio does it have those white bits around it then?

Does this screen shot help explain what I mean, as you can see no white bits left around the image

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    What I meant was, if you draw a square and fill it with black, then drag the image on to it in Studio does it have those white bits around it then?

Does this screen shot help explain what I mean, as you can see no white bits left around the image
    this is what i have.i didnt save the other file,so i did this one.and ,yes ,it does have the white bits around it
    Last edited by mininova; 13-09-2011 at 12:44 PM.
    ellen

View Gallery

this is what i have.i didnt save the other file,so i did this one.
    So you weren't 100% sure the other file didn't have the white bit before you cut? This new file looks OK to me, definitely no white bits.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Angel13 View Post
    Hi Ruth

Always a person to rise to a challenge, I tried out the New version above; I have the 1st generation Silhouette which is the second generation Craft Robo and this was the result.......Do I need to completely Uninstall all previous Studio software version off my PC for this version to work???

I have forward these results with the results of 1.5.0, 1.9.0 & 1.9.1 as well...Will post reply from the software team.
    Hi All

Here is the reply that I received from the Silhouette Support Team:

Thank you for your alerted concern. The recent alignment issue when using the older Silhouette model was specific to V1.9.0. As we see from your images that V1.5.0 was also experiencing issues, this would indicate that there is actually a calibration issue with your Silhouette rather than a program concern.

Please first update to V1.9.2 as found at http://www.silhouetteamerica.com/sup...dio_V1.9.2.exe. After doing so, if during a Print and Cut job the cut lines appear to be correct on the screen aligned with your printed information but the actual cuts performed are off (even as you have the Registration Marks enabled and the Silhouette has read the marks successfully, you may seek to calibrate the Silhouette. Please open the Silhouette Studio program and go to the “Help” menu to open the User’s Manual. Instructions to calibrate the Silhouette are listed on page 51.

Please let us know if further assistance is required after calibration.
    Thanks,

The Silhouette Support Team

www.silhouetteamerica.com

The 1 thing I didn't want to try was the CALIBRATION...but if it helps the 1st gen silhouetters and 2nd gen Craft Roboers; then into the calibration mine field I will go......Wish me Luck......Will let you all know......

View Gallery

Oh well I did try to understand the instructions for calibrating my silhouette on page 51 of the manual, and if there is anyone that can do a LAYMAN's version of the instructions; then I would be glad to try again......
    The only way I will be able to get a perfect P&C on my old 1st gen Silhouette is to move the manual feed knob a few millimetres towards myself after the detection process has completed, as shown in picture number 4....
    Last edited by Angel13; 15-09-2011 at 03:06 AM.

Loves playing with Studio BathBelle's Avatar
    View Gallery

I agree, I have attempted re-calibration following their instructions, but I'm not sure I got which was up down or across. So I tried it thinking I could adjust again later, then at the end, over the page, it says you can never try this more than once! Why not say that at the beginning, then I would never have attempted it. I fear that now, even if they ever get round to producing a version that actually works mine wont because of a bodged re-calibration attempt.

Ruth

View Gallery

I agree, I have attempted re-calibration following their instructions, but I'm not sure I got which was up down or across. So I tried it thinking I could adjust again later, then at the end, over the page, it says you can never try this more than once! Why not say that at the beginning, then I would never have attempted it. I fear that now, even if they ever get round to producing a version that actually works mine wont because of a bodged re-calibration attempt.

Ruth
    Ruth if I was you I would phone Graphtec UK and speak to them about this, I'm sure something can be done. Perhaps Brian can take control of your PC and put it right.

View Gallery

Ruth
    Could you let me know what they say about it please just in case I botched mine too...thanks
    Sue