Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper! Dragonfly Jane's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (109)

X cut impress die cutting machine?

Could anyone tell me if the X-cut impress die cutting machine can take other dies apart from the ones made for it, the machine looks abit like the sizzix sidekick so i wondered if it would be ok to use sizzilits or other thin dies in it.

thanks.
    Christmas Gift Bag Goodie Swap
    Christmas Stocking Swap

Dedicated Scrapper lizzydripping's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Double Do (as that is is former name), narrow Wizard dies, bosskutz, Quickutz regular, Cuttlekids.

Liz

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    It does take sizzlets too
    Sheila

The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper! Dragonfly Jane's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (109)
    Thank you very much Liz and Sheila
    Christmas Gift Bag Goodie Swap
    Christmas Stocking Swap

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (51)
    I was also wondering if the x cut dies will go through my cuttlebug, sure they probably would as the others mentioned here do, just wondering if anyone had tried

Love Caz xxx
    12 day of Christmas swap

View Gallery

Just treat them as you would the Quickutz dies.

Liz

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

sad HELP! Broken Impress.

Hello I am quite new to the die cutting arena, and have only got an X cut Impress. It has been fine for my die cuts, like a knife through butter, no probs. But embossing, - well !! I only have the stand alone blue embossing dies, and followed the directions on one of the sites exactly, blue plate, stencil, card (it was paper actually) black rubber, blue plate. The sandwich went about half way through and there was a horrible cracking noise, and then again as I took it out. Then it wouldn't work any more. I got a replacement from the supplier with no problems at all, and the very first timne I tried to emboss it did exactly the same. Now that one's dead too ! My husband took the first one to bits (after I asked the supplier if that was ok) and found that the gears had sheared through, he says that the sandwhich is just too thick. HELP!! What am I doing wrong? I can't expect the supplier to replace another one if it's my fault, but I did follow their instructions. Sorry to be so long winded but I'm upset and hope you can help. Many many thanks in advance, Jill.

View Gallery

I disagree. It certainly isn't your fault if you followed instructions. Go back to your supplier and ask them to try it if they query it.
    Sheila

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thumbs up Broken Impress

Thank you Grannyscrap for your reply and support. I wonder if there are any others out there who have had the same experience, as it certainly seems that the 'sandwich' for the embossing is just too thick to go through without causing damage. I wouldn't like to think I'm just being clumsy! Or do others just write it off to experience, and throw the machine away and buy another as they are comparitively cheap? Maybe this is a design flaw? (she says, in desperation !!) I bought it on the internet from a very reputable supplier, so I might ask them to try one of their stock, and see if it does the same, do you think that's a good idea?
    Many thanks again.
    Jill.

memories are made of this maxinep's Avatar
    View Gallery

I found the same problem with my embossing, needed muscles to push it through but surely it should not be that difficult. I have to admit to now having put it to one side and it has never seen the light of day agin. Even more annoying now that I paid more than £30 for it when it first came out and now it is half that price!

View Gallery

I wouldn't write it off Jill, but then I'm a crabby old so and so when it comes to bad service or goods lol (grumpy old women come to mind rofl). If you're following the instructions it musy be a fault, and your retailer should take it up with their supplier. You should not be out of pocket.
    Sheila

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

sad Broken Impress

Hello again. Thanks for your help and info, If there are people out there who have found that the Impress is unable to use the embossing plates without a heck of a struggle, please let me know, I will then be able to contact the suppliers and let them know I'm not the only one it's happened to. These machines should not be consigned to the back of a cupboard because of a design flaw. I've got fed up now and gone and bought a QuicKuts Revolution. Wish I'd got it first! It's very good up to now, but there is not a lot of info about the embossing and I'd like to know if I can use the dies from the Impress on it, and how I emboss with it? Sorry to be so thick but I am a real beginner to this. Thanks again.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

x-cut impress die cutter

I know it is a while since this thread was used, but I am having great difficulty with mine. I can manage to perforate a die, but cannot emboss or die cut. It was fine when I first bought it but now it is impossible to get the sandwich through the machine. I bought it from Mad About Cards and have emailed them, and am awaiting a reply. What is more annoying is that I bought lots of extra dies from Docrafts soon after I bought the machine, but I am unable to use any of them - any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Carole

View Gallery

Sounds like a cog may have gone on the inside that moves the rollers. If they offer you a refund I would go for the tag-a-long sidekick if you are happy with the smaller die-cuts. If you fancy some of the bigger die-cuts then go for something like the Bigshot/kick, Cuttlebug or Wizard, they cut alll other makes of dies.

Jill I didn't see this originally as it was the time I had my op, you can use the Impress dies in the Revolution.

Liz

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

wink

Hi Liz

Thanks for your reply. I will let you know the outcome with Mad About Cards, but I think I will take your advice and maybe invest in a better die cutting machine. I really enjoy the idea of die cutting and one day, would love a Robo! but better learn to walk before I can run

Carole