Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silhouette

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Silhouette

HI there

I have had my robo for a couple of weeks, and had a $10 card for the store for downloads. I took advantage of the fact that they were 50 cents this weekend and bought 20! However it has apparrently downloaded to 'my library', however I cannot find this, Is this part of the silhouette software? If so then I am stuffed as I do not have this, I have the basic robo software. Please help. I'm loving my robo, but still playing at the moment.

Many thanks
    Vanessa

View Gallery

Hi Vanessa welcome to UKScrappers, you can get the Studio software here it sounds like you have their version of RoboMaster which is I believe 5.3 the one we use doesn't have the download option.

Do a search here on UKS in this forum there have been some discussions about downloading these files, it all sound messy to me and as I don't buy files I didn't bother even trying to understand what's going on. I do know that their version of GSD files don't work with our RoboMaster which is 5.1

I would do a search for you but the links don't work for searches try the word Studio as your search word, failing that MAC should turn up something as Studio has drivers for mac computers and there was a long discussion a few weeks ago about it.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

Dedicated Scrapper heather belle's Avatar
    View Gallery

I can only see the 'store' through the Studio software, so you may indeed be operating through that. If not download it for free as Lucille says. If I can manage it anyone can! I too have taken advantage of the 50 cent offer! For me they simply go into a folder called 'Show All Designs'. Don't forget the ending is '.studio'.

I love the look of the library. So colourful and clear instead of searching for something just by filename. As I never got very far with the basic robo software (mainly because of it's inability to undo more than once!) I will be sticking to the Studio now.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I have the Silhouette and am running Robomaster 5.1 and just out of curiosity I was wondering if this was different to Craft Robo's version since all the Silhouette designs cut on the RM5.1 version. I never got round to updating to 5.3 and by the time I tried Silhouette Studio had arrived and 5.3 wasn't available.

You can import Robomaster library into Studio so that could be worth a try; since they are Silhouette designs to start with you shouldn't have a problem. If you haven't already done it, download Silhouette Studio and then go to File, click on that and down towards the bottom left-hand side it says Import Robomaster library. It should bring any Silhouette designs into Studio so you can access them.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Susie.A View Post
    I have the Silhouette and am running Robomaster 5.1 and just out of curiosity I was wondering if this was different to Craft Robo's version since all the Silhouette designs cut on the RM5.1 version. I never got round to updating to 5.3 and by the time I tried Silhouette Studio had arrived and 5.3 wasn't available.

You can import Robomaster library into Studio so that could be worth a try; since they are Silhouette designs to start with you shouldn't have a problem. If you haven't already done it, download Silhouette Studio and then go to File, click on that and down towards the bottom left-hand side it says Import Robomaster library. It should bring any Silhouette designs into Studio so you can access them.
    RM 5.3 can't do anything that 5.1 won't do, all they changed was a download button for downloading the $$$ silhouette files, which is fine for people who want to buy files, but it means that people using 5.1 can't open any files that are made in it.

I think it's a stupid idea because you might as well download the Studio software instead, perhaps it's their way of steering people towards using the Studio software, who knows.

Files made in Studio can't be shared with anyone that doesn't have the studio software, it's a proprietary file format. At the moment you can't upload the files to UKS, what happens about that will be decided in the new year.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

I'm not unorganised, I just need a bigger craft room! Faeriequeen's Avatar
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by vanessa1968 View Post
    HI there

I have had my robo for a couple of weeks, and had a $10 card for the store for downloads. I took advantage of the fact that they were 50 cents this weekend and bought 20! However it has apparrently downloaded to 'my library', however I cannot find this, Is this part of the silhouette software? If so then I am stuffed as I do not have this, I have the basic robo software. Please help. I'm loving my robo, but still playing at the moment.

Many thanks
    Vanessa
    Vanessa, have you checked your Robomaster Templates? Only asking because whenever I buy any downloads from QK they go straight into my templates for RM not the Silhouette library. Also if you log in to your QK account you can do an order recovery but be aware that you can only do this three times.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

That's the bit I don't understand Lucille and it's a bit of a moot point now, but I have RM 5.1 and have always had the download button so I was just wondering if Silhouette's version of 5.1 was different from Robo's - as I say, it doesn't really matter now I was just curious.

I am still downloading my designs into my library through my Robomaster software and then importing them into Studio so I have the option of cutting in software other than Studio because as you say it seems once a design is downloaded straight into Studio it is saved in such a manner it can't be used elsewhere. I wonder if this will change in the future.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Susie.A View Post
    That's the bit I don't understand Lucille and it's a bit of a moot point now, but I have RM 5.1 and have always had the download button so I was just wondering if Silhouette's version of 5.1 was different from Robo's - as I say, it doesn't really matter now I was just curious.

I am still downloading my designs into my library through my Robomaster software and then importing them into Studio so I have the option of cutting in software other than Studio because as you say it seems once a design is downloaded straight into Studio it is saved in such a manner it can't be used elsewhere. I wonder if this will change in the future.
    I'm like you SusieA, I've always had the Robo 5.1 version; and right now thats what I do when downloading any designs from the online shop I do it through Robomaster and then open and save in Studio so it means I have a GSD and Studio copy. Best of both worlds for the moment.

View Gallery

Hi

many thanks for your responces. I downloaded studio software and 'recovered' from the website, but I still can't find my purchases!!
    And I checked my templates in robomaster aswell. I have emailed the website and hopefully they will be able to help. I thought I would have the choice about where to download to but it seems not. Still hopefully this will all be sorted once they respond.
    Vanessa

View Gallery

Thumbs up

yay, have finally managed to download the files from silhouette, at last will do some cutting in the morning

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Vanessa, I would e-mail them and ask them to reset your recoveries back to three as this was only a few designs you were missing and you are new to all of this. The recovery option is best used for when your computer has gone kaput and you've lost everything - unless of course you're extremely good and back up regularly. Anyway, it's just a thought and I'm glad to hear you're all sorted now.

View Gallery

many thanks to everyone for your responces, was a great help
    Vanessa

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    RM 5.3 can't do anything that 5.1 won't do, all they changed was a download button for downloading the $$$ silhouette files, which is fine for people who want to buy files, but it means that people using 5.1 can't open any files that are made in it.

Files made in Studio can't be shared with anyone that doesn't have the studio software, it's a proprietary file format. At the moment you can't upload the files to UKS, what happens about that will be decided in the new year.
    I installed silhouette studio yesterday. I wanted to know what the buzz was about. Same as in robomaster one can print to PDF and convert that to DXF in inkscape. There is a compound tool in it which pleases me very well, because finally I can make frames with text in it withouth loosing innerparts of the text.
    I do see its not yet compleet. No offset yet, and if you like to play with fill color, do not touch the transparant or you will get a problem.
    I have always ignored the buy button on the silhouette software. I can make designs myself, and than there are always free files also.

But overall its very promissing.

I have not yet tried Robomaster 5.3 I still use Robomaster 5.1.

Dedicated Scrapper heather belle's Avatar
    View Gallery

Just to let you know Offset is there on the Studio software...

I am a fan of this software! It just does what I need it to!

View Gallery

Defo has offset used it tonight I actually really like silhouette

Sandi